Away Mode

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Away Mode

Postby KGB » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Never used this feature before but I am going away for 5 days for Thanksgiving and need it for my tourney game since I assume having a sitter for tourney games is frowned on.

So I went under Premium features and under 'Buy Away Time' I set it to 'on'. Is that all I have to do? I don't need to specify any particular game?

KGB
KGB

Re: Away Mode

Postby Moonknight » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:02 am

Don't the mods usually up the away time for everyone during holidays (even if it is US only)?

Or was it only during Christmas?
Moonknight

Postby piranha » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:45 am

You just need to set it to on and it will keep ticking giving 12 h extra when you run out of time in a game until your away meter run out or credits run out.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby KGB » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Piranha/SnotlinG,

Do you know if Away Mode affects hero offers?

I just got back and went through all my games. At least 5 of which were in away mode. I didn't have a single hero offer waiting for me in any of those games despite 2K gold and 2-3 heroes tops. I found that quite surprising given I normally always get a hero offer with 2K gold and 2-3 heroes.

So I am wondering if when Away Mode kicks in if a hero offer gets lost.

KGB
KGB

Postby Tim » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Hey KGB beware of log in when you are in away Mode. I mean when you log in the way Mode is turned off automaticly. Thats what i know. We have bad awakening in our Team because of that...
Tim

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:13 pm

KGB wrote:Piranha/SnotlinG,
Do you know if Away Mode affects hero offers?
So I am wondering if when Away Mode kicks in if a hero offer gets lost.
KGB

No, thats impossible. Awaymode only affects the columns in the DB where you have timeleft etc, it has nothing to do with the herooffer.

Tim wrote:Hey KGB beware of log in when you are in away Mode. I mean when you log in the way Mode is turned off automaticly. Thats what i know. We have bad awakening in our Team because of that...

Thats not how it is supposed to work, and I am pretty sure it doesnt :-)
it sounds like you think of the bug that exists in version 0.91, that if you happened to be logged in to a game while your turntime ran out, the game would make an Endturn action for you even if you had Away enabled? This is fixed in version 0.92 as reported in the News section :D
SnotlinG

Postby Tim » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:59 am

Ah ok Snotling. Thats what i mean. When its repaired...sorry! And Thanks. :)
Tim

Return to Game discussion