When is city production visible?

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

When is city production visible?

Postby Ivrax » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi, sorry for the newbie question.

Sometimes I can see what a city (not owned by me) can produce before I attack it, and sometimes not. Sometimes I can see production in cities hidden by fog-of-war, and sometimes not.

What factors play into whether or not you can tell what a city makes? Many thanks.
Ivrax

Re: When is city production visible?

Postby KGB » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Irvax,

Don't be sorry for asking questions.

Whether or not you can see production depends on whether a city has random production or map-maker set production.

Random Production: This is the default for all cities. It means any unit may be produced there and what's selected is randomized at the start of the game. These cities you CAN NOT see what can be produced there before you attack, nor can you see what's there in the fog-of-war
Set Production: This means the city was specifically setup by the map maker to only produce certain unit(s). These cities you can see what can be produced there even if it's in the fog-of-war. This was done to help players who don't want to have to open the map editor to see if any restrictions were placed on a city (ie for example so you know where a Red Dragon city may always be found without the need to use the editor or memorize the map layout from prior games).

Note: Ruins can be setup the same way. If a ruin has set guardians/rewards then clicking on it (even in the fog-of-war) will list the exact guardians/rewards.

KGB
KGB

Re: When is city production visible?

Postby Chazar » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm

I had updated the Warpedia City entries on plundering and pillaging, and I thought I had included this information somewhere in those sectione. I will take a look it again next Monday evening and revise the section, to make them clear on this bit - maybe it should also be included in a dedicated fog of war section.
Chazar

Return to Game discussion