Hero Rankings

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Re: Hero Rankings

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:47 pm

You cant get either catapult or batteringram as ruin reward (unless the mapcreator has specified this for the ruin).
For ruin lvl 1 you can get:
Yeti
Giant
Crusader
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:53 pm

SnotlinG,

That's strange because on more than 1 map I've gotten or seen another player get a Catapult from a L1 ruin. This includes on the Gargantuan map which I updated and I know for a fact it has all ruins set to 'random'.

Of the 3 units you list, I only recall ever seeing a Yeti (in addition to the Catapult).

KGB
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Huh, yes it was a bug :-(
I doublechecked the armytype IDs and it was in fact Spider and Catapult instead of Giant and Crusader that it was meant to be. I have updated the code now. Already started games might have the incorrect allies though.
I have myself only got an Yeti in a level 1 ruin, otherwise I would have realized something was wrong :)
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:22 pm

I forgot that have gotten a Spider before too.

To be honest, I think a Battering Ram and Spider are fine for a L1 ruin instead of a Giant/Crusader. That way you get the weakest minor bonus unit (Yeti) or help vs cities (Ram/Spider). None of it is game breaking but all of it will be useful even in the mid/late game (where Giant/Crusader will not be and players would much prefer gold/items).

KGB
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Ok,
We consider a spider a bit too much to get in a lvl1 ruin early on, so have updated it to:
Yeti
Minotaur
Battering Ram
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Works for me although its perfectly OK to get a Spider as a starting unit and a Spider actually slows down a hero due to its 12 movement compared to a Minotaur.

Maybe as part of a future major update when the heroes are re-done you could change the logic slightly to award better units later in the game. For example changing the Minotaur to a Spider on ruins that regenerate after turn 10 (or 15). That along with upgrading allies that come with hero offers (say Lesser Archon to Grand Archon maybe starting on turn 15) would be a nice addition.

KGB
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:17 pm

KGB wrote:Works for me although its perfectly OK to get a Spider as a starting unit and a Spider actually slows down a hero due to its 12 movement compared to a Minotaur.

Yes but if you start with a spider, everyone gets a spider, so its pretty fair then anyway :-)

KGB wrote:Maybe as part of a future major update when the heroes are re-done you could change the logic slightly to award better units later in the game. For example changing the Minotaur to a Spider on ruins that regenerate after turn 10 (or 15). That along with upgrading allies that come with hero offers (say Lesser Archon to Grand Archon maybe starting on turn 15) would be a nice addition.

Yes, good idea, will keep it in mind!
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:00 am

SnotlinG wrote:Yes but if you start with a spider, everyone gets a spider, so its pretty fair then anyway :-)

I didn't know fair was part of the equation :)

I'd much rather have 500 gold than a Spider (and definitely over any of the other 3 L1 units) because that's another L1 hero which is far better at taking cities/searching ruins etc.

KGB
KGB

Previous

Return to Game discussion