Cheating

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Cheating

Postby Mitch » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Can people cheat in this game? I mean can they hack the website and build extra units or power up heros. I just got massacred in 8 turns and this guy had more units than could be produced in that time. the replay is not working for me. It just seems some players expand faster than possible.
Mitch

Re: Cheating

Postby KGB » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:35 pm

No they can't cheat/hack the website.

On the other hand many players know some maps VERY well. So well that they know exactly what to build where and which order to conquer cities.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:38 pm

This post has borned just after game with me on Central Sahara map :-)
Unfortunately the reply really doesn't work.

Second time I hear a flaming speech about expansion which my opponent counts as unbelievable. Sounds good though :-)
Igor

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:20 am

Replay link should be working now, please try again.

Mitch wrote:Can people cheat in this game?

No its not possible to cheat. Unlike many network games where the players computer is responsible for calculating income, buildtime, fog of war etc, Warbarons is built on the principe that the client doesnt know anything more than the player should do. I.e. if there are enemy units in the FOW, your client doesnt know where they are, this is only known by the server. This is why every move/action you do has to be sent to the server and executed there, and then the proper response is sent (including any new data from discovered units etc)
SnotlinG

Postby b16 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:13 pm

I know what Mitch is talking about Igor expands so fast on that map it is unbelievable. I will never play that map again because some people know how to expand so fast you have no chance. Why are the replays not working?
b16

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Replay should be working now, please give it a new try...
It was not working due to a small typo error on my side done a few days ago.
SnotlinG

Postby Chazar » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:12 pm

The replay worked fine for me.
Chazar

Postby gil » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:48 pm

it seems a small amount of people hold the keys to hero+alias offers your just the first one that called it Cheating its called game knowledge over here
gil

Postby piranha » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:07 pm

There is a wiki entry about hero, allies offers. It's very bad and I think KGB was working on a update, not sure if he has something that could replace the current text. It's not supposed to be secret knowledge.
I personally think it would be a good idea to reduce the amount of randomness and luck when it comes to hero offers. Rerolling the offer for gold and/or picking options for gold could be a good idea.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby KGB » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:13 pm

I have a mostly completed Wiki entry.

But for some reason all our old private messages are being erased (timed erase)? So now I've forgotten how to log in and edit / save my wiki entries. Also you sent me the code at one point in a message which also got erased.

If I could get that code again along with how to log in and edit the entries I could finish it and work on some new Wiki updates.

I don't think re-rolling offers for gold (or picking for gold) is a good idea. It would be much better to adjust the offers in the early game turns so that only 1-2 of the weaker ally types were possible before turn 5. Some allies like the Red Dragon should be restricted till turn 10+. Then in the later turns drop those weaker allies for better ones so that you don't have to wait forever for allies you want.

KGB

P.S. Given this map I suspect Igor used a Sandworm for lightning movement (esp with a HorseLord) allowing him to race around opening ruins and pillaging cities for gold. That generates lots of hero offers.
KGB

Next

Return to Game discussion