Watching opponents turn

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Re: Watching opponents turn

Postby KGB » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:03 am

It's probably close to impossible to disable real time viewing. That's because many game formats rely on it (team games, simultaneous turn games etc) working so it's going to be a lot of work to sometimes disable it and sometimes not.

Anyone who attempts to 'sit 24x7' need to get a life :D It's very easy to defeat this by simply increasing turn times to 3+ days. No one is going to sit watching their screen for 3 days straight hoping to glimpse a unit or two. Plus most players are playing more than 1 game at a time (I am playing 10+ right now) so it's impossible to have 10 games open and viewing them all on only 2 screens.

KGB
KGB

Postby SoulMan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:33 am

yep thats why its not fair - it is additional advantage for those who actually meet opponent during his turn - its kinda random with more probability for those who spends more time here. Best solution is closing WB if we see that opponent is online and play only while he is not :D
SoulMan

Postby piranha » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:54 am

When you load the client or do something that calls the server the border around the shield turns green for a couple of seconds. You've probably seen it sometimes when you played team games for example.
So it's possible to see when your enemy is spying on you, if he didn't load the client before you and just sits there doing nothing.

It's a game in itself to spy and counter spying :mrgreen: .
piranha
Site Admin

Postby smursh » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:38 am

You'd have to be really obsessed to be watching enough to gain a major advantage. Otherwise the slim chance you go online when an opponent moves, and are in the right area to see can be left to luck. After all luck is part of the game. And I don't want to be replaying every turn, that would just make turns take ven longer.
smursh

Postby Chazar » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:41 pm

piranha wrote:When you load the client or do something that calls the server the border around the shield turns green for a couple of seconds.
Why only for a couple of seconds? Why not for the entire duration that a player watches that particular game?

I had seen the green box and figured that it was doing that, but I thought it was buggy, since sometimes I could watch a player move (thanks to the real-time player tracking feature), but there was no green box. Now I know why.
Chazar

Postby grg121 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:47 pm

I think watching enemies' turn should be disabled. Someone joining in view-mode should only see a still image of the place of the units that were when he ended his turn. (Or the end of his team's turn, when it is a team game).So noone gets an advantage by sitting and watching opponents move. The buttons for messages, battle report etc could be working and if he gets into a city to upgrade he could see the current condition of cities (eg if he has lost any).
(Or enable replay for all, but it would be somewhat different game that it is now)
grg121

Previous

Return to Game discussion