questions i'd really like to know the answer

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

questions i'd really like to know the answer

Postby gil » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:36 am

Every game i guess about game rules and guessing wrong make me lose.
having a this thread for the unknowns seems like a good idea hopefully someone knows the answers.

Do dwarf got terrain bonus on ash?
gil

Re: questions i'd really like to know the answer

Postby Moonknight » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:05 pm

According to the wiki, the combat terrain for both Volcano and Mountains is hills, so if there is a road through either of these, it is consider hills.

That is a tricky rule to know indeed!
Moonknight

Postby piranha » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:28 am

Since we are developing the game it's sometimes not so easy to spot which things are hard to know, we usually know all those details from working. It would be good with a list of all those things that are confusing for a new player so we can try to make it easier to know all these lite details. I agree that volcano = hill is a hard one to spot. What would be the best way to adress that? If mouse over showed battle terrain at the bottom where movement is shown would that help?
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Chazar » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:43 am

Why mouseover?
Mouse over doesn't work well on mobile devices.

You already have a bonus info screen - so display it there. The only thing needed would be to allow the player to select another terrain (just like selecting attack/defends already)!
Chazar

Postby gil » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:18 am

i agree with Chazar
since game is still developing please dont develop anything that needs maintenance like mouse over
give us the option to make demo battle and change units and properties so that the next time you change unit properties you dont need to redo demo battle code
gil

Postby gil » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:11 am

i got a pala standing on ruin with:
35 power
26 UL from items
2 ul from scout
5 fron ruin walls

will i have:
1. 35+26+2+5=68
2. 35+26+5=66
3. capped at 65
???

the tooltip says 66 but last time i had a HL with ele the tooltip forgot to show the cap
my dwarf standing on ash givs 15 in tooltip and from moons post here its should say 25
was tooltips fixed and can be trusted?
gil

Postby KGB » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:57 pm

Gil,

Your Paladin will be 66 (35+26+5). He does not get the +2 UL from the scout. UL from other units only applies to searching ruins not to combat. Strength for all units is capped at 75

The Tooltip never shows caps of any kind so you can see strengths beyond 75, ambush above 95%, bonus's above +30 and below -15 etc. The reason for this is because the Tooltip has no idea what the combat might actually end up as because the other stack will have it's own bonus's that will affect yours.

If the Tooltip is showing 15 on Volcanic (ash) then I'd say it's correct and that Volcanic is no longer considered Hill terrain. That means the Wiki needs a minor update to fix that.

KGB
KGB

Postby gil » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:29 pm

Hmmm?

Is there a 30 cap on ul or is ul bonus capped at 75?
gil

Postby KGB » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:04 pm

There is no cap of any kind on UL.

There is a maximum combat strength of 75 for any unit.

KGB
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:25 pm

The "Detailed Group Stats" in-game should always show you the correct values (I have updated it recently in several iterations), so please let me know if it displays incorrectly for some unit/terrain combination.

This shows that Dwarf does not get bonus in volcanic terrain (in fact I have now updated the wiki to show correct, i.e. it now shows Volcanic terrain as Combat Terrain: None).
I have also added Mountain as a choice in the terrain dropdown in the "Detailed Group Stats" popup (you need to delete offline cache for this to display properly though, otherwise it will show as undefined as we didn't have any translation for Mountain in the system :-( )
Also, as you might have noticed, it is since a while back possible to select Ruins as a terraintype in this dropdown, and it will then correctly show your units with their individual UL added as terrain-bonus.

Also adjusted the tooltip for +battle in hill to read "+ battle in hill and mountain terrain" to make it more clear it is also valid for mountains.

Hope this clarifies :-)
SnotlinG

Next

Return to Game discussion