Simple battle outcomes calculating tool

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Simple battle outcomes calculating tool

Postby SoulMan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Hello. I made a simple xlsx for easy calculating of the simplest and the most common combat outcomes in game. You can check Your chances of winning 1v1 battles and ONE vs "stack of the same units" - just to be sure that You have over 90%. It is really useful especially for not experienced players like me. Tool is made by myself, I made it free for non-commercial use. Feel free to use, comment and put Your questions here (I tried to make it easy to understand and clear). There is the option to consider ambush as well (or to estimate fights with some supporting units, for example You can check chance to win with 2 infantries, put it to 'pre-fight win chance' and check Barbarian's chance then (it will not be accurate - its counted like infantries do no damage if they lose, so in game chance will be higher - so more than safe if You count over 90%)).

Edit: Actually i added attachment but I don't see it. I will need to ask some admins here, look forward for this tool, it's cool :)

Edit: Ok, I see xlsx is not allowed. I 'zipped' it, now should be available.

Edit2: I have played game where I had Barbarian with 4 and 5 hp, so I updated the tool. Now You can for example check if Your barb will win with 15 infantries for sure. Fixed some minor bugs and added few notes as well. Btw. check the formula which is counting 5hp vs group chances - it's so impressive that I can't believe I made it in few minutes and I'm sure that it works well.
Attachments
wb-calc2.zip
(17.41 KiB) Downloaded 420 times
Last edited by SoulMan on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoulMan

Re: Simple battle outcomes calculating tool

Postby gil » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:46 pm

wow works

i memorized barb power vs 90% kills and that execl fits
wish you posted this exel 3 month ago

thx
gil

Postby SoulMan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:30 pm

3 months ago? I was googling "warlords remake" in this year :P Have older account becouse i did it in 2013 as well, but then this game wasn't so good or I just haven't noticed it.
SoulMan

Postby LordNelson » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Thanks SoulMan for the excel sheet. I think the 'official' Army simulator should be removed from the game's drop down menu, if people generally don't want TOO accurate calculations TOO easily for everyone :)
LordNelson

Postby piranha » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:17 pm

The current army simulator doesn't calculate any results (We removed that feature before release). It's just a way to test strength of armies.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby SoulMan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 am

Tool has been updated to 2nd version. Added 4hp and 5hp vs group counting and few minor fixes. All described in xlsx and "Edit2" note in primary post.

Edit: Btw. if someone has strong barb with item that he has 6 or more hp - ask, its very easy to update it so it will calculate Your chances. Otherwise I will make it when I will have such a strong unit in game.
SoulMan

Return to Game discussion