Fraudful trick

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Fraudful trick

Postby Igor » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:33 pm

I just have discovered one thing about 1v1 ladder which affect results of the season now and later.
Every team has most strong players and others who play weaker. Then as it's possible to create ladder games between teammates there can be deal among teammates to play a lot of games with goal to rise up strongest of them on the ladder or even make him the winner.
The game is mostly for fun. There is, sure, some honor to be the winner but only with fair play. And I never thought somebody will use this way to rise up on ladder.

But now we got a new player which shows himself as strong player, Whitelord, which has joined Cimmerians team and probably plays better than any of his teammates (except may be Moonknight).
Then being the best in the team Whitelord offered his teammates Gil and Smursh to help him to get high place on 1v1 ladder. One game is already finished and other 5 are started.
I have message from Cimmerians where Whitelord answered that he did ask his teammates to join fights to retain position 2 in case Soulman+zillusion will collude. (I don't see anything about such collusion... Zillusion and SoulMan are opponents for top places)
Thus what it is? There is a legal ability to beat weakest teammates in own team a lot of time, and teammates will help to complete the games quickly, and then such "honest" player will take any places he wish.
Don't remember anybody used this earlier but now we have got the precedent and nothing stops to do this later. This ability discredits all the 1v1 ladder.

This costs much to get high result on a ladder and so sad to see how easy the same can be got with collusion.
I'm askink Piranha and Snotling to look at this moment, the collusion between Whitelord and some of his teammetas is clear and is confirmed by causer itself. Games between teammates shouldn't be for ladder but only with non-ladder mode, for no one can use this for reaching high places on the ladder. This is fairplay. To beat weakest teammates is not fairplay, that is fraudful trick.
Piranha, Snotling, can you stop this when this is not too wide? Can we keep only fairplay on 1v1 ladder?
Igor

Re: Fraudful trick

Postby smursh » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Asking to play quick games in hopes you can win before the ladder season ends is not the same as cheating. It is simply asking that turns be taken quickly and requesting those who will do so to join the games. You are also welcome to challenge me to a game since you feel I am such a weak player.

But you still need to win the game as does Whitelord.
smursh

Postby Igor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:56 am

Another one evidence of collusion.
3 teammates, Whitelord, Smursh, Gil, were speaking each other to raise one of them up on the ladder, knowing that he plays better than other 2. To see that he plays better just enough to look on the ladder. What need else? Will this legal hole for collusion be closed or anyone who is in any team can be raised up by his partners who plays weaker?

Can't imagine more dirty winner if he rose up with a lot of wins over weaker teammates.
Teammates who help such things to be have lost their honor.
Absolutely sure such things must not exist. Otherwise the winner could be not who plays better but who is more able to make collusions.
Igor

Postby SCIkick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:57 pm

Are you serious Igor?

You need to grow up you little baby. It's a game.
SCIkick

Postby piranha » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:29 pm

I've not had time to look into this so I'm not going to say anything about it.

But perhaps it's a good idea to agree on some some "rules" and write them down in the forum and wiki since this is something that could be exploited and it's hard to tell what is okay and what others might see as cheating. It doesn't have to be team mates it can be a fake account or a friend who is not even on a team.

I think it should be allowed to play against team members because there aren't a lot of active players here so it's good to not put to narrow limits. Perhaps there should be some limit on number of games against teammates? Or should there be a limit on number of games against anyone?
What makes sense? Share your thoughts on the matter.

SCIkick even if it's just a game competing for the top spots in the ladder is something that makes the game more joyful for some so I think it's legitimate that we try to keep the ladder free from cheating. Now I'm not saying that anyone is cheating but it should be a good idea to make guidelines so there is no need for accusations.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby piranha » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:21 pm

I've spoken with snotling and we decided that 1 game against each team member at a time is a good limit. I've canceled 3 of the games you had going so there is just one remaining between whitelord and gil.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby gil » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:36 pm

lets c if i get this your claiming

there is nothing wrong with the system that allows experts to get ladder points from noobs but since igor makes noise your deleting games without notice.

i want my games back !!!
gil

Postby Igor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:25 pm

I was in process of writing 2 rules for 1v1 ladder (was too slow with writing them):
Rule 1. No games vs fake accounts for players who has got a place in top 15.
Rule 2. Applied for players who has got 1-3 places on the ladder: Maximum 3 games vs teammates and 2 additional games vs teammates who has got 1-5 places on the ladder.
I agree with Piranha about the rule that only 1 game vs 1 teammate. This rule looks fair and it's also easy to monitor.
Igor

Postby Igor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:31 pm

2 gil. Getting ladder points from new players isn't connected with deals with them. If somebody opened a ladder game 1v1 then anybody can join it.
Igor

Postby gil » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:22 am

you are single handedly killing this game.

enjoy playing with yourself!
gil

Next

Return to Game discussion