Hey, let us get soime new tournaments going!

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Re: Hey, let us get soime new tournaments going!

Postby KGB » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:31 pm

I think we will reach the 1 year anniversary :(

Piranha has never fixed the problem that prevents me from starting new tournaments because of a map selection bug.

I just looked and there are still 5 tournaments that are on going:
1) 2 appear to have stalled because there are no active game (or they are over and no one realizes it).
2) The super tournament is still going but because of the way the double elimination was setup the winner in bracket A has been waiting so long (months) that they are no longer active (last logged on in August) so the winner in the loser bracket is going to win by default.

Even worse is the fact that maps are getting out of date and it's not possible to update ladder versions or add new maps to the ladder etc.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:41 pm

2 tournaments that is now in Active tournaments brackets are already finished and winners are defined. May be it's the reason to remove them into Completed tournaments. They are LadderCup1 and 2v2 Tournament.
3 others are active, one game is going in each of them. Very slow of course, but still going on though.
KGB wrote:Even worse is the fact that maps are getting out of date and it's not possible to update ladder versions or add new maps to the ladder etc.

What does this mean? Is it possible to start a new tournament or some problems in maps can't allow this?

If Piranha can't give you rights to launch a new tournament, then may be Piranha himself will create it if maps and conditions will be defined?
I vote not for double elimination, very slow this may be.
Igor

Postby KGB » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Igor,

Piranha gave me permission to start new tournaments.

But when I go to select a map (I've tried several different maps) it always comes back with an error. I am not sure if it's because maps have been updated and the latest is not set to ladder or if something else is wrong than prevents me from selecting a map for a tourney.

In any case there have been a lot of updates to a lot of ladder maps plus some new maps released that could be added to the ladder list. The fact there are multiple copies of maps is annoying and hard for players to figure out if they are selecting the latest map or not.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:34 am

Ok, but questions are still open:
- will somebody like a tournament to be started, or this is just me who now wouldn't mind of it
- what maps can be possible for a tournament except multi-version maps etc
- could you create a tournament with maps which bring no troubles or no map can be applied now at all
Igor

Postby Igor » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:51 am

Piranha,should be a bug in starting a tournament, can you say what's exactly the problem and can you help to solve it?
Igor

Postby Igor » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:33 pm

KGB, did you have thoughts that piranha just don't wish to see new tournaments started?
Otherwise I just can't suppose any reason why he still not fixed this bug and even not visited the thread to explain the situation. He just keeps silence and does nothing for new tournament is started.
Igor

Postby KGB » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:56 am

I think he is just busy with his new family. Otherwise why bother to give me the ability to start tournaments and tell me how to do it. It would be simpler to just not tell anyone.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:35 am

piranha also told upper here that he was ready to start a new tournament, but both this statement and giving the rights to you were almost a year ago, all could be changed since that time, otherwise what the reason that he did nothing for 10 months and didn't tell you what to do with the bug when you told him this couple of months ago, looks that piranha just already don't wish to start tournaments and even remove finished ones from active brackets

As for maps, 8 Kingdoms looks good for both 1v1 and 2v2 at my look, balanced one with some intrigue where the opponent gets started. 16 players should be can be joined for 1v1 and 8 pairs for 2v2.
Igor

Previous

Return to Game discussion