Ilja and Felix (+Crassus?) colluding

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Ilja and Felix (+Crassus?) colluding

Postby Versace » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:46 pm

It has become apparent that Ilja and Felix are either the same person or are colluding together in FFA ladder games. Replay of the game RESUR-3 shows clearly that Felix is just giving Ilja his cities and Ilja admitted to this collusion in the comments.

View all 6 comments
Versace: Felix just left lots of cities empty for Ilja to take. What was the reason for that? Only thing I can think of is that they were colluding
39 Hours ago
Seraad: Felix, Ilja and Crassus is the same person. This is the only way he could achieve anything.
31 Hours ago
Ilja: I fucked your opinion up fagot - Seraad- Mr. Check Republick
31 Hours ago
Ilja: But for you , Vers, I tell you, - yes i colluded with Mr. Felix , since better is to win one of us than to lose both, taking under the consideration , your strength and aggressiveness when you start in London. Next time you see whom you make the NAT with....
31 Hours ago
Ilja: NAP, sorry
31 Hours ago
Ilja: This fucking intrigueant Seraad, he can think whatever he wants. Once hi is thinking , migrants are fucking Check Girls...
30 Hours ago

I suggest that this game will be voided and everyone's ladder points adjusted accordingly. This is surely not the only game where Ilja is colluding but being that he is so bad at the game it is the only one he has won so far.
Versace

Re: Ilja and Felix (+Crassus?) colluding

Postby KGB » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Someone giving someone cities in one game is different than colluding in multiple games. I've often played 'kingmaker' in games where I'm definitely going to be eliminated.

I looked at the 2 accounts. Both are from the UK but Ilja is a gold member and Felix is free one. Both joined several years ago so either this has been going on a long time or it's just a 1 game thing. It would be easy to determine if they are the same person by recording IP Address that they are playing from and seeing if they match (I know it's possible to go to WiFi hotspots but you have to be really dedicated to do that all the time).

KGB
KGB

Postby Versace » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:03 pm

It is wrong even if it was only in one game and must not be allowed. I have played a lot of FFA ladder games this season and have noticed suspicious behaviour from Ilja before. This is the only one I have with definite proof so I brought it up. Also the only one that Ilja actually won so there was more reason to look into it.

I personally think that playing "kingmaker" is not ethical either when talking about competitive games but I won't make a fuss about that because each player has his own idea of what the game is about. But playing a team game in a free-for-all gives an unfair advantage and should not be ok. That is not to be confused with making alliances in a game, thinking that it will benefit you.
Versace

Postby Seraad » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:20 pm

1) There is no a single FFA game where Ilja is playing alone - he is playing either with Felix, or with Crassus. Or both. I't been always this way since I'm watching him.
2) In simultaneus games they are ALWAYS playing together, one after another.
3) They never fight each other

Still, I don't mind playing with him/them as he is no threat at all. Even tripled :)
The only "feature" which is not acceptable for me is his language and communiction style. As if he is a very spoiled teenager...

And BTW - although he probably lives in UK, he is Russian.

On the other subject I agree with KGB - kingmakers are ok unless it is an intention at start of the game.
Seraad

Postby Igor » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:28 pm

I saw Ilja played under flag of Latvia a lot of months ago, then he changed the flag to UK. He thus should be a Latvian.
Igor

Postby Omen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:40 am

"Ilja: The Soldier of Fortune"

Coming to cinemas everywhere.
Omen

Postby Qube » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Versace wrote:I personally think that playing "kingmaker" is not ethical either when talking about competitive games but I won't make a fuss about that because each player has his own idea of what the game is about. But playing a team game in a free-for-all gives an unfair advantage and should not be ok. That is not to be confused with making alliances in a game, thinking that it will benefit you.

Agreed, I can't see any sensible reason to purposely "play kingmaker". I would feel uncomfortable with a win that someone else handed me.
Qube

Postby smursh » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:44 am

It does seem suspicious. Felix and Crassus are only playing in FFA with Ilja. I suppose they could be friends or family but then very odd that Felix never plays with Crassus.
smursh

Postby Igor » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:27 am

Hey guys, I should add my 50 cents to this discussion.
Any collusion is absolutely bad thing which brakes the game, make it unfair and shouldn't exist.
Especially when it affect on struggle for one of top 3 ladder places which brings reward in credits and just a honor to be in top 3.
For strong players the collusion, spoken above, don't affect for something too much. But if such pair Ilja+Crassus will fight vs players from the middle part of the ladder this can be very hard for them to win especially when the game will be for 4 players, 2 of which are in collusion.
This one looks fun for me though :D
Igor

Postby makeixo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:03 pm

makeixo

Next

Return to Game discussion