FFA ladder points

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

FFA ladder points

Postby Igor » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:28 pm

I just got won FFA game with K46 for 6 players and have got 48 ladder points. In the same time 2 players, who was participants in this game, lost 17 and 18 points. I think that a winner get all points which are lost by others plus some extra points if they there are. Thus I should get at list 17*5=85 points instead of 48.
Does somebody know how ladder points are being calculated for FFA games, why sum of lost points is not equal for got points.

And does somebody know how saved time is being calculated. If you play a game with 3 days between turns and, having golden account, you have done your turn in 1 day instead of 3 you have saved 2 days for next turns and get 5 days for next turn (3+2). It seems for me that isn't work and you get less additional time than you have really saved. May be some changes have done on this, has somebody watched the situation.
Igor

Re: FFA ladder points

Postby smursh » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:31 am

if you tab down on ladder to ladder information and scroll to bottom it gives a description of how FFA is calculated. Basically you average all you opponents and your score should be based on that times number of opponents for win. Your points seem a bit low but depends on how bad everyone elses record was at start of game compared to yours.

Based on how it is calculated I think your score probably is not going to equal what everyone else loses in most cases.
smursh

Postby Igor » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Have read. I don't know what raiting was for each of other 5 players at the start of this game. But even if to take the least raiting of all 5, it should be then multiplied in 5 times accordingly with number of players. Thus I should get something about 60 points, if for example 12x5, or even more. 48 looks still strange for game with 6 players.
Good that this was enough for taking 1st place on FFA ladder at the moment :)
Igor

Postby Igor » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Just won another FFA game for 4, 23 ladder points won.
If to go to algorithm of calculating FFA ladder points, average raiting of other 3 players should be multiplied in 3 accordingly with number of other players.
Let's try to count the raiting from last step to first step.
1. I have got 23 ladder points, that was after multiplying in 3 times.
2. Average raiting for 3 other players should be then 23/3
But ManGalor,i who has left the game the last, has lost 23 ladder points, exactly the same as I have won.
Thus raiting of other 2 players should be 0.
Let's count by the right way.
1. Average raiting = (23+0+0) / 3
2. Number of won ladder points = average raiting *3 = (23+0+0) / 3 * 3 = 23 points as it is really now.
Thus ManGalori had raiting 23 and other 2 players had raiting 0.
Difficult to believe it can be true.
I suppose there is a bug here.
Does somebody think something of this?
Igor

Postby KGB » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:38 am

The 8 player FFA you and I were both in from several months ago just ended. The winner of that got 228 points (roughly 30 from the 7 other players) which seems right for an 8 player game that lasted 50+ turns the largest map size (which means large K rating).

I just looked at your profile and I see the game you are talking about. The other 2 players are your team mates. I wonder if there is a problem awarding points with team mates being in FFA games.

KGB
KGB

Postby Seraad » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:30 pm

I had similar "problem" last season. I've got... 13(thirteen!) ladder points for 8 players Europe FFA game. You can imagine I was quite upset...
The reason was (and is in your case) very big difference between player FFA points at the beginning of a game. I found there is no sense beginning an FFA game while having more then 1300 points
Seraad

Return to Game discussion