Newb questions

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Newb questions

Postby beetle » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:41 am

I am a new player, just going through the tutorials.

Is there no sound? I was expecting effects and music.

In the battle results, what does the skull with a die on it indicate? If it appears, it will be the last skull. I am assuming that the skull with a dagger is death due to ambush.
beetle

Re: Newb questions

Postby KGB » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:15 am

beetle wrote:I am a new player, just going through the tutorials.

Welcome to the game!

beetle wrote:Is there no sound? I was expecting effects and music.

There is no sound & music. This is planned for the future but the problem is the game can't use copyrighted sound/music so needs to find something freely available or pay someone to create sound/music.

beetle wrote:In the battle results, what does the skull with a die on it indicate? If it appears, it will be the last skull. I am assuming that the skull with a dagger is death due to ambush.

You are right it will always be the last skulls (there may be more than 1). This indicates that the unit was killed due to luck balancing. By luck balancing I mean the game smooths out extreme good/bad results (for example if you flip a coin you have 50% chance for head on 1 flip. On 2 flips you have 25% chance of 2 heads, on 3 flips you have 12.5% chance of 3 heads and so on). So in an effort for game balance the game smooths out results <10% so that if you flip 4 coins you can never get 4 heads (or tails) so that players don't lose (or win) due to extreme luck.

So when you see that die it means an unlucky battle was adjusted.

KGB
KGB

Postby beetle » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:24 am

Thanks very much!
beetle

Postby enrimo » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi
I'am new 2, i have a question i can't join in multiplayer game, popup write "notverificetyet" or similar, anyone can help me to fix this, thank you
enrimo

Postby Todzo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:21 am

I had the same problem -- there was no verification email in my SPAM folder either. I sent in a support ticket under the Help menu, and it was fixed in a few days. So, enjoy learning and soon you can join multiplayer.

-Todzo
Todzo

Return to Game discussion