Kingmaking in Warbarons

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Re: Kingmaking in Warbarons

Postby Igor » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:11 pm

A win in a ladder season, got as a resalt of discussion between players, ia analog of negotiated match. One of players got the win in the necessarry time only by speaking with the opponent. And the opponent acted opposite own interests. This was deal for interests of that winner.
Igor

Postby Vicotnic » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:00 am

This will likely be my last post on the subject, I already spent way too much time humoring Igor here. If Piranha or SnotlinG has any questions about the end of the season I'm sure both I and Darkh would be happy to provide them with all information we got.

First of let's dispel the idea that the ladder ranking was effected by any discussion between me and Darkh, this is the first surrendered game:
http://www.warbarons.com/ver102/replay/ ... h_Vicotnic
And how it ended:
https://pasteboard.co/GJ5hNkQ.png (image of the games end)

The only one who gained from this being surrendered before the season ended is Igor since it ticked him of in advance how much I was ahead of him in the ladder race. The second game (and it seemes Igor is the only one upset about a lost game being surrendered) was surrendered when I was already ahead of Igor on the ladder and no other games was finished after it.
Vicotnic

Postby Igor » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:58 pm

11 days is gone since the collusion. Strange thing there is no reaction from community, even one tried to support this.

Should repeat all that had happened:
1. Two persons have 2 ongoing games.
2. One of these persons spoke with the other one with goal to get both games surrendered. And got them.

Why this should be called as collusion:
1. Person who surrendered both games tried to get 3rd place and after losing of these games he got nothing.
2. He could try to continue both games as far as possible like other players do in the same situation but he didn't.
3. There was possible that both games would passed through the end of the season. That was enough for 3rd place.
4. There was possible that at least one of these two games would passed through the end of the season. This case there was a chance that other one, who was on 3rd place, Smursh, also could lose with 70% rule. This chance had't been used.
5. There was for him an ability which I gave him to play a game with me and if he won, and in the same time if one of two these games would passed through the end of the season, he guaranteed took 3rd place. He didn't try.
6. He might lose faith in taking 3rd place and then to surrender all his weak games. But he surrendered only these two games and other five in two first days of new season.

So what can we see:
1. This person who surrendered both games didn't use at least one of three chances to get 3rd place.
2. This person didn't cleared ownself from weak games.
3. This person was asked to surrender both games and did this.
This contains all details which let to count this as collusion.
One person asked another one to help to get top place in competition and to lose a game or two. And this asked person surrendered the games opposite own interests, without tries to take an own chance.

Collusion - negotiated agreement.

All this that everyone can watch is negotiated agreement that means this is collusion.
Collusion much spoils the ladder and all the game.
Two previous collusions were opened and stopped. Now game creators probably have no time for Warbarons game and we should count only own forces.
Let everyone think about what had happened and make negative reaction here for both participants of the collusion.
Igor

Postby Chazar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Reasons have been well stated. Maybe people are silent because they don't think that there is strong evidence for collusion?

(...at least that is my reason for remaining silent after reading this thread, since I don't believe that collusion happened here.)
Chazar

Postby Igor » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Hm... One person spoke to another one about surrendering 2 games. And this other one surrendered them even opposite own interest (his interest was to take a good chance for 3rd place). What is this if not a collusion?
There was explanation here from that one who asked to surrender. But that was only explanation of reasons why he asked to do so, no more.

There was 2 posted reason why somebody count this not a collusion:
1. From Smursh: to delay a game is also not fair. But this is what all do, this is what one player can do for ownself, this is not a collusion between two or more players. This shouldn't be a reason to count all described above as not a collusion.
2. From Moonknight: Darkh can ended game when he decided to do this. But this is the matter of all the descussion here! Not everyone loss is fair. Why he decided to do so if this was opposite his own interest to get 3rd place but this was good for interest of Vicontic to get top place?

Is any other reasons not to see that this is pure collusion, even more pure than was with Whitelord?
I can say that Vicontic is enough talanted player to win without a collusion. He is like Whitelord, the same talanted and the same impatient. He should just wait one season to win fairly.
If you, Chazar, or Moonknight or Smursh, or other members of our little community see real reasons why do you think this is not a collusion then let's descuss them right here. Forum is created for descussions.

I'm affraid though that those, who can count this as not a collusion, have no reasons for this but may use only emotions or so.
There should be ojective reasons to count one way or another way. I state that agreement between two players (this was proved by one of them himself), when one of these two players then did some steps opposite own interests and for intrests of the other one, this agreement is not something else but collusion. And I think that if something like this would happen in sport competitions this would be a reason for investigation of this sport federation.
So what do you think without sences and emotions? Let's discuss this here.
Igor

Postby Igor » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Just saw piranha here on forum.
Would be good for piranha as the game creator to put a look here. Two players discussed results of two games exactly in some last hours of last season, that helped one of them to win.
This looks as collusion (agreement of two or more players about game results, including to get result in necesserry time).
I can understand piranha that this tricky guy is from the same country as you are from. But nazism, russophobia or so should not be applicable here (let me hope).
This win was got with help of other player. This is not fair. This is killing the ladder as competition.
Igor

Postby fantastory » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:56 pm

This whole discussions make us low-in-the-ladder-players confused.
Maybe there could be another non priced rating, which would ever reset. Of course there will be some players which would get super high and never go low. But it would provide some idea for me little guy, how good am I. And select opponents close to my rank.
fantastory

Previous

Return to Game discussion