All new games I create are simultaneous mode/Freeze

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

All new games I create are simultaneous mode/Freeze

Postby Luken » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:08 am

Hi all,

I'm new and have successfully completed the tutorials and have competed in a multi player against a friend. Not sure if it's coincidence but since my trial premium account ran out I can't create a new game that isn't simultaneous and therefore enforces a freeze on each turn...

I've also tried to purchase credits and not received them...

Help!

Thanks in advance, and yes I have contacted support.
Luken

Re: All new games I create are simultaneous mode/Freeze

Postby Igor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:08 am

All games are simultaneous during 4 first turns, then they become in according of settings.
On credins, may be try to contact Piranha or Snotling directly.
Igor

Postby Chazar » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:45 pm

This is supposed to speed up games, but effectively slows down all games with less than 4 participants/teams due to the freezes. :(

We have complained about this confusing unwanted feature, but it is here to stay. Fortunately it is over after 4 turns.
Chazar

Postby Luken » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:55 am

I would be interested to hear of the logic behind this? Thanks all for the replies, I had heard through chat that it wasn't a bug... Me and friend were tearing our hair out.. I thought it was because our Prem accounts had expired and it was designed to force you to pay... I shelled out some $$, but it remained!!

Mods - Can you shed some light on this "feature"?
Luken

Postby somenpotatis » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:46 am

Anyone with more insight into Warbaron history feel free to correct me, but my understanding is that the problem stems out of two "features" originally ment to affect large multiplayer maps: separate turns games being simultaneous in the first turns (to make large games faster to start), and random freeze time in between simultaneous turns (to make it less likely that a player ending one turn also gets to make the first move in the next turn). This makes sense for large maps, but should be optional/removed completly from 1v1 games in my opinion.
somenpotatis

Postby smursh » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:21 am

originally was added to help speed up large ffa games and had no freeze time. But on some maps that resulted in players double moving and being able to take huge advantage so the freeze was added. Probably this mode still helps large ffa games get started but does slow most other game modes.

Currently the only way around the problem is to start games as speed then stop speed mode and go to normal mode. But this only works if all players can be online to start the real time game so unless you play mostly speed games doesn't really help.
smursh

Postby Vicotnic » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:39 am

I wouldn't even recommend smursh solution, I had a lot of problems with speed games, getting freezes when paus and then unfreezing when people are not online causing them to miss turns. Also I still get notifications from speed games finished 3 seasons ago... :s

But yea, to be rid of the freeze function would be gold, especially when trying to introduce new people to the game it is awful =/
Vicotnic

Postby makmak » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:41 pm

Ideally, freeze should be optional or not applicable in 1vs1 duels
makmak

Return to Game discussion