Warlords

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Re: Warlords

Postby Chazar » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:33 pm

szymraszyn wrote:
Chazar wrote:Teal was my favorite position on the illuria map.

why do you think teal were the best, in what aspects they outweigh the rest?

I loved the cavalry: strong and fast. The position was fairly secure once you dealt with the dwarves, so you got to the proper game after the senseless rushes (like white and green or lucky ruins).
Chazar

Postby szymraszyn » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Chazar wrote:I loved the cavalry: strong and fast. The position was fairly secure once you dealt with the dwarves, so you got to the proper game after the senseless rushes (like white and green or lucky ruins).

cavalery is fast and strong indeed, but it takes 3 turns to producte it. orange have dwarves in 1/2 turns, so it means 2 dwarves against 1 cavalery. and orange have a bit more cities and ruins in 1st turn (wizard got that way can kill teal on first turn)
szymraszyn

Postby Dirkules » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:14 am

Try activae diplomacy in WL2. You will soon be at war with everybody while they are not fighting each other. That can sometimes be challenging despite the poor AI.
The best strategy is quite simple: sack almost everything and produce griffins only. They are overpowered in WL2. A calvary or spider here and there doesn't hurt though if you get it for free without additional opportunity costs.
Reducing the number of computer players can also improve their overall performance because they can grow faster. AI is much better in expansion than in fighting an actual war.
Dirkules

Previous

Return to Game discussion