New Map - Bullrun

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

New Map - Bullrun

Postby KGB » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:37 am

Warlords,

I spent about 16 hours this weekend re-creating the classic DLR BullRun map for the Warlords Online game. It features 80 cities, and starting positions for up to 8 players. When ruins/temples get added I'll go back and edit the map and add those to the map. I apologize in advance for my crude map editing skills as I wanted to get the map into use as soon as possible rather than spend a long time honing it to perfection.

This map has seen a lot of games played on it over the years and has been refined many times to balance play for FFA and Team Games (starting positions can be divided N/S or E/W). It makes a nice contrast to the RiverWar map because it is all land based with virtually no water to speak of. The terrain features here need to be used to maximum advantage because they form key choke points that must be controlled by land forces. Flying armies are of course very important because they can cross the impassible terrain barriers that separate the map into sections. Regardless of whether you have flying or land based armies sooner or later you'll have to take 'The Bull Run' through the center where you can easily spend 5-10 turns outside any city.

Once Piranha adds it to the list of maps in the Create/Join menu it will be ready to go.

Good Hunting,

KGB
KGB

Re: New Map - Bullrun

Postby piranha » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:08 am

This map will be put online today.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby kenc80 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Can't Wait!!!
kenc80

Postby KGB » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:56 am

Special thanks to Piranha for spending a few hours smoothing out some of the rough edges on the terrain features.

I too can't wait to get some 4-8 player games going on this map.

KGB
KGB

Return to Game discussion