Capitol City Production

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Capitol City Production

Postby KGB » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:15 pm

I've noticed now through 4 games in Beta 2 that the capitol city production can be quite unbalanced.

In the latest game that just started with 7 players the capitol production seems to have been set to 'good'. This has resulted in 4 of the 7 players getting what I call 'good' quality units (Demons, Gryffons, Medusea, Pegasi) while the other 3 got crap (Catapult). This kind of variation leads to tremendous advantages for some players that is completely undeserved.

Even in the medium production games I've seen a fairly large disparity in starting production in the capitol cities.

I'd like to suggest that those units that be assigned to capitol city production be changed slightly to be a bit more balanced:

Flying Units - These are exceptionally useful starting production because it allows easy access across all the water and difficult terrain. If flying units are given out, ALL players should start with a flying unit or no players should start with a flying unit.

Demons - This unit appears slightly unbalanced. It's basically a Pegasi (flight, +1 stack bonus) with more strength (7 vs 5) for the same number of turns (3). It should either lose the flight skill or be a 4 turn unit to produce.

Good Production - Pegasi, Gryffons, Demons (if they go to 4 turns), Medusea, Elemental, Unicorn, Elephant
Medium Production - Spiders, Minotaurs, Giants, Hv Cavalry, Ghost

Again with the caveat that if flying units are handed out for Good production it's all flying units otherwise it's all the ground units.

KGB
KGB

Return to Game discussion