Dont come in some city screens

If you find a bug please report it here

Dont come in some city screens

Postby Tim » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:38 pm

In Game Win the Batte a 4FFA i dont come in some city screen to buy Production etc... i dont write here what cities beacuse enemies are reading... ;)
Tim

Re: Dont come in some city screens

Postby Tim » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:22 am

Can not make my whole turn till its fixed so please repair it. Must you know the cities? Then i post it to you with PN?
Tim

Postby KGB » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:04 pm

Tim,

I've had this bug before. It happens when you are vectoring armies to a city and your opponent pillages the city (at least that's how it happened for me).

I eventually worked around it and managed to get production. I remember that I needed to open the city menu for another city (one that's fine). Then I *think* I went to the buy production menu in another city and canceled out. Then without closing the city menu, I clicked on the city that has the bug (on the mini-map). That allowed me to get past the problem. Some combination like that makes it work.

KGB
KGB

Postby Tim » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks...i had to solve it on my own ;) I have a big amount of Gold (but not really) displayed and buy a Prod i can not afford. Then i vectored it an go out of the screen. Then the bug happens. SOLVED!
Tim

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:49 am

Umm I am not sure I followed.
Could someone explain step-by-step how to create this bug and I can then probably fix it? :-)
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:01 pm

SnotlinG,

I can explain what happened in Tim's case.

Sometimes when you spend gold, the server does not update the browser client total so it appears you have a lot more gold than you really do. Eg. Rebuild a city/Raze a city/Buy a hero mid turn/Upgrade city Walls/Buy-upgrade a tower etc. Most times the game properly updates browser gold total. But sometimes it does not so it shows you having X amount of gold when you really only have Y (if you refresh the browser it then properly shows Y).

When this case occurs (showing wrong gold total), if you go to the city production menu you can buy production you don't have enough gold for (because the client thinks you have enough). You can then vector that production (which causes the bug). Since the production is only updated on the server when you close the city menu the not enough gold doesn't get caught on the server until then. Of course you don't get the production but that causes the bug to occur with getting back into the city.

Make sense?

My case might have been fixed a long time ago by you (I haven't had it occur in a long time).

KGB
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Ok good info, I will investigate this more :-)

By any chance have you discovered under what circumstances the client gold could get out of sync with the server?
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports