Freeze time do not prevent double move

If you find a bug please report it here

Freeze time do not prevent double move

Postby TheVic » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:49 am

In games with more then 2 players is Freeze time not preventing double moves as you are allowed to move again (on the same turn) during other players turn after your freeze time has ended.
TheVic

Re: Freeze time do not prevent double move

Postby piranha » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not allowed to move again on the same turn. But if you press end turn you can still move units during that turn if you have movement left, and when the last player clicks end turn you will already have waited your freeze time so you are able to take the next turn a bit faster than the last player to end turn.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby TheVic » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 pm

3 player game

Turn100
Player A press end turn without moving any units. Freeze time starts and time out for player A.
Player B moves all units and press end turn. Freeze time fo player B starts.
Player A moves.
Player C moves and press end turn.

Turn 101
Player A can move again while Player B & C is Freezed.
TheVic

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 am

TheVic wrote:3 player game

Turn100
Player A press end turn without moving any units. Freeze time starts and time out for player A.
Player B moves all units and press end turn. Freeze time fo player B starts.
Player A moves.
Player C moves and press end turn.

Turn 101
Player A can move again while Player B & C is Freezed.

Your example is 100% correct.
However player A is taking the risk that the turn is ended at any time, i.e. it is hard to wait for the perfect time for him to move again, as it might mean he misses to move in turn 100.

Anyway, this is how we are trying the solution now. If it is found out that the system is weak due to this, it is possible we will change it and stop players from making any extra actions in the same turn as they have already pressed end turn. However I think it is mostly a nice feature to let you go in and make some small modifications in the game even if you have pressed turn :-)
SnotlinG

Postby TheVic » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Ok, I understand, but I think it is a problem as it in later stage will enable double move to take cities.

Another question, in team game 4010 there is no freeze time when pressed "EoT". Thought there should be one...
TheVic

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Yes maybe we need to change it so that once you (or your whole team) have pressed endturn you cannot move any more units that same turn. I will discuss this with Piranha.

For teams, freezetime only starts counting down when the last player in the team hits end turn. To stop taking advantage of player1 in the team hits end turn early, and then moves his units while player2 in the same team havent pressed end turn, so player1 can be sure of to make a doublemove...
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports