Out of Sync error boarding inland

If you find a bug please report it here

Out of Sync error boarding inland

Postby Moonknight » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:30 pm

In the game Rin-tin-tin, I'm having issues with a boat docking (and should be able to attack the city inland, I forget the name of the city, but it's owned by Dild in the south central).

It shows the 'War' symbol but then goes out of sync...what should I do?
Moonknight

Re: Out of Sync error boarding inland

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:53 pm

It looks like its a problem due to the hero has been on a flying mount etc.
Try to move inland with one unit at a time, and not grouped. It looks like your hero is still in Ship-form, and needs to go one square out to the sea and then move back to transform to a LAndunit.

Unfortunately its a bit buggy and Im re-working the system for beta4 :-)
SnotlinG

Postby Moonknight » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:34 pm

That did the trick, thanks!
Moonknight

Postby KGB » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:26 pm

I encountered the same basic problem.

Only in my case my hero was always in boat form as part of a navy. I added 1 true flying unit to the stack and tried to attack from the port I was sitting on to the city next to the port. I got endless out of sync errors.

Even separating the flying unit (which I really needed for it's bonus) still didn't let me attack.

So best I could do was end turn with the flier grouped back with the naval force on the port and I hope to survive any opponent attack and try again next turn.

I'm really looking forward to all this going away in Beta4.

KGB
KGB

Postby KGB » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:20 am

Game 1292 - 'WSI - 07'

I now have 2 heroes *stuck* on ports unable to attack or move back into the water.

The hero in the middle of the map with the Archon was exactly grouped like this at the end of my last turn. This turn I still can't attack the city. The hero is still considered a boat even though he spent the turn on the port and was NEVER grouped with the Archon until after I put my stack on the port. Now I am completely stuck. I can't attack and I can't move back into the water.

The hero in the south with the Dragon is in the exact same position as the hero in the North. He just got stuck this turn. Only this time I was flying on my bat/Dragon but now I am considered to be in the water and once again can't attack.

If it's any help tracking this down in both games I killed enemy units on the port as I made landfall. I then was unable to complete the attack to the city even though it was legally possible. Somehow killing units on ports with heroes screws them up as they get transferred off their mounts or onto mounts being completely opposite of where they were before the attack.

Is it possible for one of you to unstick my 2 stacks and complete the attacks on the 2 cities? Or failing that manually place the stacks back in the water NOT on the port where I am perpetually *stuck*

KGB
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:38 am

Im reworking this for beta4, so I wont spend any time fixing it in beta 3 unfortunately, as the codechanges are quite big.

If you do it like this you should be able to solve your deadlock.
1. Reload the game-page to make sure you have the latest unit-info
2. Select only the hero of the stack, i.e. ungroup etc. I assume he is in Ship-form.
3. Move him 1 square out to the Sea, so he is aalone ship there.
4. Move away any Flyers from the anchor.
5. For the units still on the anchor, go through them one at a time, any unit which is in ship-form, move it to the square with the hero-ship. Units in Land-form in the anchor can stay there.
6. Now move all the units that are in Ship-form (including the hero) back to the anchor, one at a time. They should now convert to Land-form when they reach the anchor.
7. Finally, move back all the Flyers to the anchor
8. Now you should be able to group all the units, and make the attack.
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports