Status of razed/rebuilt cities in Fog during Team games

If you find a bug please report it here

Status of razed/rebuilt cities in Fog during Team games

Postby BrutusButcher » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Hello,
Not sure if this is a bug, or just a curiosity related to team games..

During FFA games, the status of cities in the fog of war (whether razed or re-built) in unknown until you reveal the area from the fog of war. So if an opponent had re-built a city that had been previously razed, you would be ignorant of the change until a new sighting was made into the area.

In a team game, we have seen the status of cities in the fog of war changed from razed to re-built (appears as a Neutral city in the fog), at least this has been the case in current game 80506. This creates a situation that you have knowledge of enemy activity in an area without ever revealing the fog (at least in terms of city status).

-Brutus
BrutusButcher

Re: Status of razed/rebuilt cities in Fog during Team games

Postby KGB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:23 pm

I'm in that same game as you are and I just went into the map and I don't see anything in the fog of war that isn't there initially (ie the cities that start the game in the razed state appear razed and the ones that in the built state show built).

Are you sure you didn't uncover those area's at some point during the game in prior turns?

KGB
KGB

Postby BrutusButcher » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:14 am

Yes, pretty sure.

Just to confirm KGB, this is the team game (not sure if you are the undercover green player), and not the FFA game that I know you are in.

If I (or my a team-mate) had uncovered them, they should appeared as razed, or as built enemy city, not as a built neutral city..

At the moment, the following cities that are supposed to be razed in the fog of war, are now appearing as built neutral cities;
Styx (North of Green capital)
Agartha (South of Yellow capital)
Avalon, SW of Blue capital
Jadenleaf
Jadia.

I'll do a screen capture with the other map parts sanitized for this game..
Last edited by BrutusButcher on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrutusButcher

Postby BrutusButcher » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:23 am

attached map.

As you see, Styx is appearing as Neutral built city instead of being razed.

-Brutus
Attachments
game 80506.jpg
game 80506.jpg (166.95 KiB) Viewed 4176 times
BrutusButcher

Postby KGB » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 am

Ah, no sorry wrong game then. I am not playing under cover on that map. I am in the other one you noted.

KGB
KGB

Postby smursh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:06 pm

I have a 1x1 ladder game on this map and the bug does not happen. It is happening in another non-ladder team game started after my 1x1 game so this may be only affecting non-ladder games.
smursh

Return to Bug reports