Out of Sync Errors

If you find a bug please report it here

Re: Out of Sync Errors

Postby piranha » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:36 pm

I would probably expect that to happen too and be confused and perhaps even drown my hero and get irritated over stupid functionallity.

But once I knew how it does works I'd try to figure out some use for it. Perhaps it needs its own popup when flying away from the hero so people know what to expect. If we are to keep it this way. Some water symbols could help too, but I think a popup is the only way to make people understand (which 90% will click away without reading).

Well lets say what you suggest happens, the pegasi takes of and the hero is left to handle the ship, shouldnt you all of a sudden have one unit less. I mean if you can see the hero and the ship but they are the same unit. Either you should lose a ship or keep both but when you move the ship the hero automaticly goes along, or if you move the hero the ship will move along with the hero :mrgreen: .
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Zajoman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:58 pm

The hero and the ship (with all the units on it) should automatically stack when the pegasus flies away, with the ship graphic representing the stack. This is also related to my suggestion of automatic stacking. What do you mean by having one unit less? Like graphically?

Now wait. I haven't actually sent a hero to sea yet so I'm not sure how the game displays it (still too few games). When a hero sets sail, does his graphic change to a ship? If yes, then what I described previously should happen. Your concern is that when the player uses a pegasus mount and flies over sea, he sees his hero graphic, but when the flyer drops him off onto a ship, suddenly, there is no hero graphic displayed, so the player may feel like he lost the hero, right? If yes, I still consider it a much better solution than the unexpected behaviour. The player may see his stack easily so he should not lost track of what happens.

The player should not be bothered with all the behind the scenes mechanics, he should have a pleasant and understandable game to play.

As for the suggestion itself, it's the most logical and understandable in my opinion, but I'm just one of many. We should hear others express theirs.

P. S. Never ever do you want your player to get frustrated or irritated. Believe me, NEVER! They will find your work place and set it on fire... :D
Zajoman

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:07 pm

The Out of sync issue has been fixed in Beta3 (and also in Beta2 now :-))
SnotlinG

Previous

Return to Bug reports