up the creek without a paddle

If you find a bug please report it here

up the creek without a paddle

Postby bjmcguff » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:23 pm

not sure if its a bug or in programming but in one game i'm in i have made a final stand in my remaining castle my upkeep sored over my income causing me to go to zero gold i have since defended many times loosing several troops and my upkeep has now been lower than my income for several turns but my gold remains at zero any thoughts
bjmcguff

Re: up the creek without a paddle

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:16 am

That sounds a bit strange. Whats the gamename / gameid? And i will have a quick look :-)
SnotlinG

Postby Masterdisaster » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:44 pm

The game he refers to is most likely the one I am involved in, game 332.

Before this turn you always had 13+ troops in your remaining castle, which has an income of 21.

Those 13 troops consist of 1 hero 1 devil some medusa and some minotaurs.

Minotaurs have the lowest upkeep, 3 gold per turn. Even with 12 minotaurs, you would have no income! Heck, I would say that even with the 9 troops you have right now you have no net income since the medusa and devil have a very high upkeep!
Masterdisaster

Postby bras » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:45 am

I had the same situation in a game that's over by now. After running into 0 gold due to upkeep higher than income, I lost some units and consequently I had income of 64 gold and upkeep of 48 gold for many turns in a row. However, my total gold never increased from 0. Also no new units were being produced either. Very frustrating.
bras

Postby KGB » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:56 am

Bras,

Have you razed any cities during this game?

I've found the game displays the income from all your cities. Even razed ones because you are considered the last owner of that city. So even though you are not getting gold from those razed cities the income shown at the bottom fools you into thinking you are getting more than you should.

KGB
KGB

Postby bras » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:25 am

Yes, this explains it.
bras

Return to Bug reports