Why seeing the chat window if you're a guest?

If you find a bug please report it here

Why seeing the chat window if you're a guest?

Postby LillaSkutt » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:14 am

If you enter this index page, you can see the four beta games, and you don't need a login to see the them, so you can see these beta games even if you're a guest.

So if you're opening any of these beta games in the observer mode as a guest, why do you also see the players chat window even if you're not logged in?
And why can you as a guest, also write something in that chat window that pops up? (It was me who tried to write something there before in the beta test 2 - guest). I wonder why seeing the chat window if you're a guest?

One suggestion is to remove the chat windows completely from the beta games tests, and another suggestion that might be an even better suggestion is to move the game observations of the beta games to the first page you come to when you have logged in. If the observer/guest wants to know more about these game then they can get a login. And when they have a login there's no problem for them to write down feed back or report bugs based of what they've seen as an observer in the forum. I mean if you're a guest then you're a guest and should be able to do anything but observ, or?

But that was just a thought... :roll: :P
LillaSkutt

Re: Why seeing the chat window if you're a guest?

Postby piranha » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:36 am

I will answer this as someone else does not :mrgreen: .

The games are visible even if you are not logged in because the idea of showing the games to anyone is to make people who visit the site interested. Some people, such as myself find it too much trouble to register on a site if I'm just a little bit curious. If there are no screens or test mode I just close the page. But by giving visitors a chance to see to see the game can make them interested enough to register to try it themselves.

The chat is not intended as a substitute to the bug-reporting in the forum. Its there to make it more fun and makes it feel more like you are playing with persons rather than just some unknown enemy. Why hide it or take it away when diplomacy is a important part of the game.
piranha
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports