Duplicate items

If you find a bug please report it here

Duplicate items

Postby tabanli » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:24 am

I have duplicate items in one of my games and I am wondering if that's normal. Game number is 40651 and the item is Agat's Soul Cage. Two of my heroes has the same item.The second item came from a re-spawned ruin, so it could be a bug or glitch
tabanli

Re: Duplicate items

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Sounds like a bug. Will investigate the code.
Thanks for reporting this!
SnotlinG

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Hello,

I am trying to track down the issue. So far the code is looking and behaving correctly.
Do you happen to remember at what time the Ruin was respawned, i.e. if you already had the item by then or if it was found after the ruin had respawned?
Also, do you know if the map has any triggers that will create items or any items placed on the ground from the start of the game?
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Snotling,

This just occurred in one of my games. Game 41232 (Crom vs Guest).

When I look at the History I see that 2 turns ago (turn 16) my teammate found Ragnarok in a ruin (Manetheren Waygate) with his hero Logain. When I check his hero he definitely has Ragnarok. Now if you look at the L3 ruin Mordeths Lair (north west area of the map. more to the middle than the corner) and click on it, you can see it's pre-set ruin with the reward being Ragnarok. So when someone searches that ruin they are going to get a duplicate item.

This is a respawned ruin (in the History you can see he searched it on turn 1 and again on turn 16).

KGB
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:15 am

Ah, very nice catch!
When investigating your game in more detail I see that the item is a level 1 item, but placed in a level 3 ruin. This messed up my logic in the code, i.e. the level 1 ruin that respawned didnt realize that the item was already taken by a lvl 3 ruin.
Code updated and I hope this is the last we see of this issue! :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot for your detailed info!
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports