out of sync Problems

If you find a bug please report it here

Re: out of sync Problems

Postby SnotlinG » Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Just did some quick testing with FF and when clicking rapidly a big distance away I was able to get the out-ofsync error. However I had to click at lest 3-4 times rapidly at the spot I wanted to go to. It seems like the last click goes through after the map has centered back on the unit to start the move, and then it gets another path, aborting the current move-order.
I´ll look into fixing this, but for this particular case Im experiencing I think I need to click at lest 4 times in a row, the first 2 clicks sets the path and starts the move, then the screen is centered back on the unit (to start the move), and my next 2 clicks then accidently gets applied on the current part of the map, i.e. close to the unit, and gives it another path+moveorder.
Is it possible this is the same thing that happens to you, or is it just a fast double-click that you do? (not 3-4 clicks)
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Tue May 11, 2010 11:19 pm

SnotlingG,

I am *pretty* sure I only double click fast twice in a row. Twice is what I am used to using to initiate movement, not 3-4 clicks ;) Of course I get some lag since I am far from your server and so I may be clicking once to show the movement path and then twice more rapidly to initiate the actual move giving 3 total clicks.

On the other hand, if you are testing on a local network to your server it may take 3-4 clicks for you to get the same thing I get half way across the world from your server due to lag issues.

I'll experiment more on my next turn.

KGB
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Mon May 31, 2010 7:54 am

I have made some modifications to Beta2 that hopefully should solve this issue, or at least help us to track it down.
For example while a unit is moving, you cannot affect it (i.e. give it a contra-order to move somewhere else - which would trigger out-of-sync).
Also out-of-sync popup is no longer an alert-popup, i.e. it is possible to use the debug button and save output etc before reloading the page.

Let me know if you get this again during Beta2 games :)
SnotlinG

Previous

Return to Bug reports