Item Bonus Bug

If you find a bug please report it here

Item Bonus Bug

Postby KGB » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Game 51742 (Darklords142)

Take a look at my combat report last turn (38). There is a neutral battle on the water where I attacked 3 Kraken. Note in the combat that I was +14 leadership to attack.

Now look at the hero that did the attacking (my Ranger). She has 2 items that give a total of +8 combat. Somehow the Patriarch got counted twice. In fact if you go to the item page for the Ranger it shows +14. Put all her items in the backpack and she goes to +0. Add back in the Patriarch and she goes to +12!

At some point in prior turns when she was exchanging this item with another hero it got permanently attached to her as a bonus so that when she equips it she gets the bonus twice. In fact on turn 37 she swapped all her items with a DK and the DK made an attack and only got +2 (instead of +8) then they swapped back and she made an attack against 3 neutral Kraken with a +14 attack (I just missed noticing it last turn). They have swapped before that too so the problem may have started before turn 37 I just don't have records that far back.

KGB
KGB

Re: Item Bonus Bug

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:00 pm

I have fixed your heroes.

This is a tricky bug, I have tried before and not managed to replicate it. :-(
Do you remember any details about how you switched the items? Did the Ranger give away all her items (if so how many?)?
She kept no item? The DK didnt give any item back until after the attack?
Did you put them on the ground and press OK, or did you move to the ground and then added them to the DK and then press OK?

Let me know if those two heroes happens to move to the same square, i´ll then do some tests with them :-)

Thanks for reporting!
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:07 pm

SnotlinG,

I wasn't asking you to 'fix' my Ranger. I rather liked her +14 attack bonus :D

1) Both heroes started turn in same stack.
2) Ranger placed both items (Patriarch/War Traveler) on the ground.
3) I changed heroes to the DK (I did not close the hero menu, I just moved through my heroes)
4) DK picked up the items and then I hit OK and closed hero menu
5) DK moved out and made the attack at +2 instead of +8.
6) DK then moved back to the city.
7) DK gave items back to the Ranger in same manner (placed on ground, change heroes, Ranger picks up items)
8) Ranger moved away to attack Kraken

I'll have the heroes back together probably next turn. Just need to finish searching 1 more ruin.

KGB

P.S. When swapping items, it's possible I moved item from her person to her backpack first and then realized I dragged it to the wrong place and so dragged it to the ground. I sometimes do that by accident. Can't be sure that I did it in this case. But will test that theory.
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Ok good to know!
Let me know if/when I can test your heroes. :-)

Its a bit hard top notice this error by looking in the client only, as you can get some bonuses that are not showed in the client. Like your DK had -6 in attack LD, which I restored to 0 also :-) (But that doesnt show in the client unless you have any item equipped that give a bonus in this type of LD.
Likewise your ranger always had a +6 LD attack bonus, even when you moved the items away, it just isnt displayed in the client since you didnt have any item of that type equipped.
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Heroes are back together.

It's not currently my turn but I believe you can still swap items when it's not. If you can't, I'll let you know when it's my turn again.

KGB

P.S. I tried a few things but couldn't manage to break it.
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:23 pm

I borrowed your game and did a few tests. Please feel free to continue the game.

My current conclusion is that we have an issue with our type of engine used for our DB tables in combination with Transactions. Which is why it is so hard to replicate.
I´ll continue to investigate this though and see if I can find a solution.

Thanks for reporting!
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports