Tablet firefox crashes in gamechat

If you find a bug please report it here

Tablet firefox crashes in gamechat

Postby mowhar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Playing from a tablet (samsung galaxy) nowadays, and it always worked fine, but the last few weeks firefox crashes more or less every time I use the gamechat.
The crashes occurs if i write a message, and then try to return to the gamechat to check the message i am replying to, or to check that i am sending the message to the right people.
If i do everything in the exactly right order - first i select who the message is for, then write the message, then i send it- i can still send in game messages, but firefox still crashes as a final act of defiance, even if the message gets sent.
So i will have to reboot my tablet just about every single time i try to write a ingame message, and the times i forget myself and checks on the messages i am replying to, what i have written so far gets lost and i will have to start all over, after rebooting my tablet.
It worked fine before. Have you changed anything?
mowhar

Re: Tablet firefox crashes in gamechat

Postby mowhar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:46 pm

The same problem does not occur here in the forum, it seems. Just in game.
mowhar

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:18 pm

We havent changed anything on the client side.
Is it now crashing in games it worked in before?
Or is it new games (maybe a later version of warbarons) started recently that has this issue?
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Any chance you updated Firefox or Firefox auto-updated recently?

I know the version that runs on my PC has updated at least twice in the last 3 weeks. Maybe some update causes this behavior.

What seems strange is that the crash of an app causes your tablet to lockup and need to be restarted. I would have expected that you'd just need to restart the app. That's a pretty serious crash and it seems likely it's something in Firefox that's wrong.

KGB
KGB

Postby mowhar » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:58 pm

The problem with the tablet freezing up when using gamechat has gone away.
It was most common in newer games, but also had it in my oldest game.
That is why i never responded. Just did not know what to say.
But I still think it is very troublesome to play on the tablet, so more or less stopped doing it, and wait doing my turns until i have access to my laptop.
I press next unit on the tablet, nothing happens. I press directly on a unit, nothing happens. One quickly tires.
I have discovered that if I zoom in, making everything bigger, it works better, but still not well, so as i said,i just (almost) stopped using the tablet.
It is not maddening when you have 2 towns and 5 units to handle, but later in the game it is just unbearable.
mowhar

Return to Bug reports