Serpents hiding under bridges?!

If you find a bug please report it here

Serpents hiding under bridges?!

Postby Chazar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:47 am

Feature or a bug: Serpents are completely invisible if parked underneath a vertical tower bridge.

Of course, there is still a colored dot on the minimap that marks the enemy serpent (or stack actually, the serpent just has to be the top unit to hide the entire stack), but this is easy to miss.

I don't think it is a good idea to require a player to check all bridges on the minimap in order to avoid an ambush by serpents.

The problem: It is just another thing that slows me down in making my turns. The game should not be a boring exercise in diligence. Either invisibility becomes feature, in which case the revealing dot on the minimap and the ability to click on the enemy invisible serpent should be removed, or at least the flag of the stack should stick out of the bridge somewhere.

Another possibility would be to have bridges become like the income site buildings that display their own flag of the nation that last moved through them - just like watch towers do right now.
Chazar

Re: Serpents hiding under bridges?!

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Hello,

Fix added in all version 1.01 games.
Enemy units under bridges will now be displayed the same way as your own units (i.e. fadeout used on the bridge).
This is valid for ships and seacreatures.

Even before this fix I think you should have seen the flag with the number of units though?

Anyway, thanks for reporting!
SnotlinG

Postby Chazar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:58 pm

No, we did not see the flag and stack size! Nothing truly!

You can actually see for yourself: blue stack in the north in game 53213. Stack of 4, top is the serpent. Entirely invisible; on the lower square of the 2 square bridge.
Chazar

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:17 am

Thats strange!

I couldnt check in your game, I think the turn has shifted to the other team since you last checked. But I believe you :-)
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports