Map Editor

If you find a bug please report it here

Map Editor

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:21 am

Hello,
im just making a new large map. Krynn of Dragonlance.
But it dont work fine. There are some things in the map generator that are bad.

1. There are some Ghost Cities and Villages etc. Thats because i copy and Paste some Regions buit the Regions beneath i think are not correctly deleted. Now i want to test the Map and see there are for example 3 Cities on a eastern Isle overlayed! But i cant delete them? ;( What to so?

2. I create an isle. Then i see its too far south and will move it north. When i copy and Paste this (and other Regions too/try it several times/more space to the border etc) some borders are changed. So its much work bring it back then to the Original once again...

At the Moment i was trying to build the City of Gwynned on a North Western Isle, But it dont work. I cannot place it where it belongs. But one square north it works! Now i have several cities shown on the Mini Map! I think because the Mini Map shows the Cities i try to place before but the normal Map dont.

I think that are all Problems with the Copy Paste Thing...

Thats it at the Moment. :)

Tim
Tim

Re: Map Editor

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:35 am

I startet a Test Game and i think it crashes now at Turn 6. The AI dont play...
Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:55 am

Ok now its Turn 7... im only confused because AI is faster normaly on the early Turns...
Tim

Postby Tim » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:32 am

Hey Admins. ;) I cannot work on the Map until you checked it or maybe first repair my Map. I cannot make anything. Its one of the Northeastern Isles on the map ANsalon that makes the error. You will see it. I deleted all there and make it new but the Double Citys overlayed is not gone... still there are Two citys on the same square... before there were three...
Tim

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the report!
I will investigate the copy-paste command. Sounds like it is likely the source of some of our problems with Ghost cities. As long as you have those, the map will not work as intended in the game. (And I think it cannot be fixed from the mapeditor, I will have to try to fix it manually)

Unfortunately Im quite busy with the tournament functionality for the 2v2 tournament starting this week.
But I will add this to my list and check it asap (might be a week or so though)

Thanks for reporting your issues! :-)
SnotlinG

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Hello,

I finally got some time to investigate this. It was indeed an issue with the copy/paste tool when copying cities.
This has been fixed now, so if you load the mapeditor and make sure to hit F5 (or remove offline cache and reload the editor) copy-paste for cities should now be working.

However your map is still a mess Im afraid.
Do you have any older copy of it that you could restart from?
If not, please let me know what areas you have issues with and I will have a look. Thats quite painful manual work though, so would be good if I didnt have too :-D
SnotlinG

Postby Tim » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:53 am

Thx for fixing!
But it seems not helping me with my Map "Ansalon". I have only this one copy. But i think there is only 1 error left. You see it in the Northeast. The City North of the red Capital is called Mithas. On the Big Map you see only this city but in the MiniMap you can see a second City behind Mithas. I tried several Times to delete the whole Island an try to delete the Ghost City with the"X"but nothing works. I cannot erase it. But it seems that it works to erase all Ghost Ressource Buildings on the Northeast Isle. That works... only this one Ghost City left...

2nd: My Test-Game on Ansalon is now Frozen at Turn 8 since a few Days. Can you close it? Thanks!
Tim

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:58 am

1. OK, leave your map for now. I´ll have a look and see if it can be fixed manually. (might take 1-2 days)

Btw did you say you could create "ghost" resource buildings also? When I was testing it seemed that the issue was only with the cities and copy/paste. Could you explain a bit more?

2. Game has been removed...
SnotlinG

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:37 pm

I have removed that ghost city now :-)
Let me know if there was any other issues on that map? (also make sure you load the latest javascript files to make sure copy/paste of cities work)

Also, please let me know if you somehow managed to create ghost resource buildings? :-)
SnotlinG

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:40 am

Thanks very much! You mean i must update the java from the Browser? I try it next time and report if all works fine.

And yes i created ghost Ressource buildings too. Bu they can be deleted without problems...
Tim

Next

Return to Bug reports