Change Map before starting

If you find a bug please report it here

Change Map before starting

Postby Tim » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi,
i just on the Way to make a Test Game on my New Map. The Game is called AnsalonTestB. It was not filled with 8 People so i look if i can change the map to a newer Version. It works but all who joined already are kicked from the Game.
I think that is ok for Ladder Maps but for normal Games it should be possible to change the Map withoout kicking the Players who already joined...
Tim

Re: Change Map before starting

Postby SnotlinG » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Its not a bug, but something for the wishlist :-)

However if I remember the coding issues its a problem with switching maps as you could go down in number of map-slots. But ofcourse if you switch to a map with atleast as many slots it should not kick people. Will have to look into this...
SnotlinG

Postby piranha » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:50 pm

A lot of things can change when you change map that might make the players currently joined no longer interested in playing the game. I looked at this several times but every time when I start looking at all the special cases it turns out to require quite a lot of work to make it work with consistency. You can got from ladder to normal, from 2v2v2 to 3v3, to fewer spots than players. I found that it may be better that you get to play what you join or have to rejoin.
I'm not sure if it works but I think there was a plan to set all the players in unjoined mode so they get a popup making them either leave or rejoin again. Have to check if that's implemented
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Tim » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Yes that would be the best that the players get a Message that something changed(and what) and then could decide if they want to quit the game or stay... sorry for posting in Bugs. I dont know if this is a feature that you want. ;)
Tim

Return to Bug reports