target has changed error

If you find a bug please report it here

target has changed error

Postby TLMBaron » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi, First of all great job with the game.
Warlords Dos games can be extremely buggy so... this runs quite well.
So the error I am seeing is " Target has changed ... are you sure you want to continue". However the sync or the server ? causes the entire questionable area IE: city or gold production to be "non-targetable" and in one case locked up the game causing a reboot and cascade error on the graphics sprites. NOTE: that game became unplayable and I had to surrender. It might be more prevalent in simultaneous turn games.
This error has occurred in the tutorial twice and in one game many times.
Thought you should know,
TLMBaron
TLMBaron

Re: target has changed error

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:30 pm

Its nice to hear you like the game!

Thanks for your reports on Target has changed for simultanous games. This is what is next in my list of things to investigate.

Thanks!
SnotlinG

Postby OBIWAN » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:22 am

Hello. I'm back to Warlords style after 14+ years away. I like warbarons very much when it's running quickly on the browser. (not often, but sometimes) Did this target has changed' bug ever get solved, or at least understood. I get in now in a few of the tutorials. Thanks for any info.

-OBI
OBIWAN

Postby KGB » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:31 pm

Some have been solved but not all as there are a *lot* of ways for this bug to happen.

If you are playing games against the AI only and you are waiting for the AI turns to end and yours to begin again (as opposed to exiting the game and re-entering) I have seen the error occur because cities produce armies (neutrals that are active or the AI cities) but the browser doesn't do a full update from the server when rolling over turns. So it appears to you that a city has X number of armies but in reality it has Y so if you click to attack you get the 'target has changed' error. A refresh of the browser (which refreshes from the server) fixes this because it updates everything.

KGB
KGB

Postby OBIWAN » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:39 pm

Refresh the browser. Got it. Thanks very much. This seems to have worked!
OBIWAN

Return to Bug reports