Map editor bug

If you find a bug please report it here

Map editor bug

Postby LordNelson » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:12 pm

I tried to use a map editor to copy an original Illuria non-scenario map via map editor copy-paste tools, to make a new Scenario map for multiplayer. This is apparently the only way to have original Warlords I starting locations for appropriate races and their flag colors without randomization. The cities did not paste along in map editor though, and only empty spaces were left in their place. So this is the problem.

Personally I think it would be better to have a switch for "Randomized starting locations" in game set-up screen, so it could be turned off as well. Subsequently no specific Scenario map would be required for this functionality (non-randomized starting locations for original settings in a classic map).
LordNelson

Re: Map editor bug

Postby KGB » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:53 pm

You are correct that the map must have a 'scenario' option in order to have set starting spots.

However there is an easier way to do what you want.

1) Select Maps->View Maps
2) In the drop down list select 'Shared Maps'
3) Go to page 3 and you'll see a shared version of Illuria
4) Open the map in the editor
5) Select File-Save As and save your own copy.

Now you have your own private copy of the map. You can then set it to scenario mode and set up limited production in cities if you want to *really* emulate Warlords 1.

KGB
KGB

Postby LordNelson » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:42 pm

TY. We recently started a 6-player (+2 AI) Scenario game successfully with this map.
LordNelson

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:39 am

Great! :-)
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports