Problem with game slowing down and watching some replays

If you find a bug please report it here

Problem with game slowing down and watching some replays

Postby SoulMan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello.

When I have client opened for a longer time I need to restart browser because every move is very slow (i have to wait like 20s to move 1 unit). Restarting helps.

It's very annoying while watching replays - then it slows down after 10-15 turns, so I have to restart browser, turn vision of all players off, play replay till last watched turn, pause replay, turn on visions and play again to continue watching. Same about turn 20-25 then, etc.

Some replays going completely stuck as well. For example replay from game duel10 stucks at turn 15 even while vision of players is turned off.

Just comment:
I would like to watch this replay because I felt like it was very even game, on replay I see that my opponent was far ahead in cities on turn 15, and he surrendered after skipping one turn. I asked him what should i do after his skipped turn, but I got no answer for 3 days. Anyway I didn't abused this turn-skip hard, not moved units which he could kill, didn't attacked cities that i knew he could boost on defense enough and not killed his hero standing in danger position - so really not much changed, probably he was still ahead in cities. I think he just surrendered because he knew he will have no time to play)
SoulMan

Re: Problem with game slowing down and watching some replays

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:00 am

Hello,

Game/client shouldnt be slowed down by just playing several turns. I´ll have to look into this.
Replays tend to take longer time between turns as they progress, as the players are making more moves and more city updates etc, which needs to be replayed.

I have checked and hopefully fixed your replay duel10. There was some corrupt data there that I removed, so please try to view it again...

Thanks for the report!
SnotlinG

Re: Problem with game slowing down and watching some replays

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:19 am

Hi,
i have many Problems with watching Replays. When i see it in Realtime the Replay goes maximum to Turn 15. But some as our last ending Game on Midgard against the Pork Brothers works only to Turn 6. With jumping whole Turns it goes only to Turn 2! Chrome works a little better than Firefox but both is not good. In this Situation its worthless for me...
Tim

Return to Bug reports