Dragon took incorrect path!

If you find a bug please report it here

Dragon took incorrect path!

Postby Moonknight » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:53 pm

In game 60209 (2v2 Tournam_R2_A5), I had a dragon stacked with a group including a hero. The dragon had 22 movement located with the rest of the stack that is located on the lookout tower in the Northwest.

If the dragon moved along with the walking stack, it would cross 11 spaces and run out of room. Flying, it should have only taken up 7 spaces.

I clicked the stack to be solo and just the dragon and then moved him thinking he would fly directly instead of taking the walk-path roundabout.

Please change the dragon's (next to Dalriada in the Northwest) movement to 8. This is a critical mistake for this important game!

Thanks!
Moonknight
Moonknight

Re: Dragon took incorrect path!

Postby Tim » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Sorry Moonknight. I think this is a Mistake from you. You have to check the Path before you press "M" i think. I misclicked myself some Times before(in other Games) and never Ask that i can do the Move again...

But i think we will not win this game in such a way. So its ok for me to give you the Move generally. But how should we know if the Dragon doesnt scout something before?
Tim

Postby KGB » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Any time you change (select/deselect) units in a stack you should *always* re-compute the path. Otherwise it will use the last computed path even if that's not the optimal one for the current selected units.

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:32 pm

but why should that be something the player is responsible for? Shouldn't a flying unit on its own recalculate the path on its own? I know it has done that before. I just tested it in another game and it recalculates a path as soon as I un-click flying units.

And Tim, you don't get a say in this one since it is a game against you :evil:
Moonknight

Postby Tim » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:01 pm

That right Moonknight because i would accept it and dont post something in the Forum. ;) But as i say. Its ok if you get the Move back...for me. But for Chazar i dont know.
Tim

Postby Moonknight » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:26 pm

I'll accept it if it worked the way it's supposed to and it is not a bug. But I leave that in the hands of the mods to decide.

Until then I will cry and plead my case :cry:
Moonknight

Postby SnotlinG » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Hello,
I have confirmed there is (was) a bug in case you had a stack and then ungrouped it with the ungroup button. In this case the paths were not recalculated.

I have started a fix on this behavior, which is partially done now.

Movepoints have been restored as this is not how the game should behave.
SnotlinG

Postby Chazar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:52 pm

I suffered from this bug, too, more than once. So I am glad that this bug is squashed - even if I am adversely affected once now in an important game.
Chazar

Postby KGB » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:24 pm

It's good to know this is being fixed. I also hated having to remember to re-calculate the path every time I grouped/ungrouped armies.

While you are fixing this, maybe you can fix the A* algorithm in general since it's not 100% implemented correctly. If it was, then impossible paths would resolve in 1-2 seconds rather than timing out the browser with a 'script is not responding' error.

KGB
KGB

Postby gil » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:34 am

KGB claiming that finding the best pass for 8 units with different speeds per terrain is easy, is the same as saying you never written a line of code.

I think for a one man show the results are amazing :)
gil

Next

Return to Bug reports