Frequent Synchronisation Problems lately?

If you find a bug please report it here

Frequent Synchronisation Problems lately?

Postby Chazar » Mon May 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Am I the only one seeing this?

In the last few weeks I frequently have Synchronisation Problems when leaving a game as well as being required to hit the "Force Endturn"-button frequently. Thus far, I just force a reload of the whole page and verify that all my orders and messages were registered by the server. Usually everything is alright, but it is a bit unnerving.

So I am finished, but I just send a message, or update the fight order or alter production a bit. The I hit "Main -> My Account". Often the opened dialogue hangs with this message:
Code: Select all
Syncronizing client data with server:
Messages 0 / 1
Unit updates 0 / 0 ...OK

...and nothing happens. Similarly when I hit end turn.

I am using Chromium 42.0.2311.90 (64-bit).
Chazar

Re: Frequent Synchronisation Problems lately?

Postby KGB » Mon May 11, 2015 4:31 pm

I notice sometimes the database is just dropping offline for some reason. I'll be mid turn like you and experience the same problem. If I exit the browser and return to the site it's fine in that I can view the forums and the main site etc. But if I try and enter a game it gets stuck loading at about 20% (right before the terrain is returned). This condition may persist for 2-3 minutes (multiple browser restarts). Then all of a sudden everything loads and works fine again.

The only thing I can think of is that someone is playing an AI game and multiple AI turns are running all of a sudden and locking the database.

KGB
KGB

Postby Chazar » Mon May 11, 2015 7:16 pm

I never experienced problems with loading a game at all. It is only when I want to exit a game.
Chazar

Postby KGB » Mon May 11, 2015 8:46 pm

Interesting. I've actually thought that recently the game isn't exiting properly and now based on what you are saying I am convinced there is a problem.

Quite a few times recently I've come to the site and had multiple turns waiting for me. I enter a game and complete my turn (actually ending turn). That returns me to the main page. Then I select another turn. Once in this second game I've noticed that the browser speed is dramatically slower. As if something didn't exit correctly. So I restart the browser and re-enter the turn in the 2nd game all is fine.

KGB
KGB

Postby piranha » Tue May 12, 2015 3:22 pm

Chazar:
I've noticed the synchronisation thing too and told snotling about it. Not sure if he had time to look into it.

KGB:
We have a error that happens sometimes which is: MySQL server has gone away.
I think snotling spent quite some time figuring out whats causing it but with no solution. Neither of us ever see this problem, it only happens for other players (and not everyone). Snotling might be able to fill in with more info. Would be nice to get rid of the bug.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby SnotlinG » Wed May 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Sync issue seems to be connected with if you send a gamechat message and leave the game quickly after this.
I will investigate and see what I can find...
SnotlinG

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:44 pm

Found the most likely issue.
If you ever had opened the "write notes to yourself" popup in the game, it would complain about syncing messages when you hit end turn.
This has been fixed now :-)
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports