Bug in calculation of ladder points

If you find a bug please report it here

Bug in calculation of ladder points

Postby Igor » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:12 am

Won a FFA-4 ladder game, got 23 ladder points.
One of other 3 players lost also 23 ladder points.
Other two players are my teammates.
If to calculate raiting as it's shown in Ladder information, this should be more ladder points got than 23.
KGB supposed that there is a bug connected with participation of teammates.
May be so. Anyway I think there is some bug in calculation of my won ladder points in FFA games, this one and previous one with 6 players on Colourful Snowflake map, where I got only 48 ladder points.
Could you check and fix this, this can affect FFA ladder places.
Igor

Re: Bug in calculation of ladder points

Postby Igor » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:04 am

Just saw an ended FFA-4 game named 'III' on West Illuria map, the winner has got 126 ladder points.
West Illuria map, K28, 4 players, 126 ladder points.
Map volcanoes ffa4 (talked above), K46, 4 players, 23 ladder points (one of players has lost also 23 points).
What a huge difference for a map even with lesser 'K'.
Colourful Snowflake map, K34, 6 players, 48 ladder points (discussed in Game discussion).
Very high probability that there is a bug here in calculation of ladder points in my games FFA.
Igor

Postby smursh » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:46 pm

1600 points your ranking is far above everyone else so I imagine your points would be fairly low. On most FFA 8 you are going against 1000 or so average so doubt you can score much in any case. Punishment for being number one is you stand to lose more from a loss than gain from a win. Even on FFA.
smursh

Postby Igor » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Hoh yes, it's difficulties of being currently the first on the ladder. I don't expect to win much and I have heard other players have the same troubles.
But there is a thing which forced me to post this here. Mangalory lost exactly the same number of points which I won, 23 points, in FFA-4 game. This means that other 2 players lost less than 1 ladder point each. Looks unbelievable. But as soon as Piranha and Snonling prefer to go by side of this theme, I think this question is frozen as opened one for a while. KGB's version, that all was depending on that other 2 participants were my teammates, looks now the only explaining. But if it is so, this should be unfair because there are no teammates in FFA games :lol:
Igor

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:52 am

What was the gamename or gameID of this game?
Ill then have a look in our logs...
SnotlinG

Postby Igor » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:49 pm

replay/69577/jtweedy_ManGalori_Igor_XJ9
The game was named Quest, FFA for 4 players: Jtweedy, ManGalori, Igor, XJ9, map is named volcanoes ffa4 ver:1.0, 34 turns, the only ladder game on this map.
Igor

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:49 am

How much the other players lost should have been reported on their walls at the time.
I checked this in our logs though and ladderpoints were like this:

XJ9 -9 points
jtweedy - 20 points
ManGalori - 23 Points
Igor +23 points
SnotlinG

Postby Igor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:20 pm

Walls were full of latest information which pull out necessary one.
Ok, looks like I have miscalculated something in Game discussion forum and the winner doesn't get the same number of points as all other players lose together.
Thanks for investigations, good to know there is no bug here.
Igor

Return to Bug reports