Real time game bug

If you find a bug please report it here

Real time game bug

Postby Igor » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:34 pm

Completed game 70712/Balian_Igor on Airstream map.
I tried to attack the city at the last turn but really couldn't. Only was seen 'INFO: target is changed.' And this didn't let me attack even after pressing F5 button. Thus unfortunately my hero stack was easy mark being out of city. There was also a row of delays in 10-20 seconds in the game that forced me to reload the game 5-7 times. Many times I couldn't see battles and bonuses in them.

This should be a bug or a big error of game settings. Table that target is changed must not stop units to move to the chosen place if player wish to continue such movement.
Igor

Re: Real time game bug

Postby Igor » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:22 am

ouch, should add this was real time game where every second is important when your hero stack stands near opponent's stack
Igor

Postby Igor » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:26 pm

As no comments except mine, I would like to describe the problem again by other words.
In one of real-time games I many times tried to attack opponent's city but couldn't do this because of something was changed and the information message each time was shown: "INFO: target is changed". Even reloading the game didn't help me to attack. And as soon as my hero stack was based on Valkyria's attacking bonus he was beaten in defense standing one step near the city which he couldn't attack, I surrendered then.
Thus this info message "INFO: target is changed" took my win and gave it to my opponent. I think it's not right.
I'm sure this must not happen again. It spoils a game very much if you are go to win but are forced to lose because of this.
Here is my offer how to correct the settings of real-time game, connected with this. It's enough to set it the same way as it is already realized for info message for producing of Serpents and Kraken. When you try to produce one of them far from water you see infor message:

1.JPG
1.JPG (22.42 KiB) Viewed 4436 times

Then you press OK button and start to be able to produce chosen water unit even if this is not a port city.
This, at my look, should be realized for real-time games as well. When you see info message "INFO: target is changed" you then press OK button and start to be able to continue your way as it was chosen.
Info message should be only for info, as well as it is for Serpents and Kraken, such message should not stop units from continuing the way they was sent to.
This looks for me the best way to solve the problem.
Igor

Postby smursh » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:52 am

I've seen this on games vs. the AI. Seems to happen if you move to where you can see a unit in the process of also moving. Never play any realtime games vs other players so not sure if the bug could be related.
smursh

Postby Igor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:27 am

Was looked that units went out of the city and this was why I couldn't attack it. If so, this should be either bug or non-normal common situation.
Still need at my look to be fixed/changed by those sweden guys who can do this.
Igor

Return to Bug reports