way is blocked

If you find a bug please report it here

way is blocked

Postby smursh » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Odd version of way is blocked bug. In game fright night game tells me way is blocked even though no unit is in path I exit game and reload and my hero has movement reduced to 0 even though previously had some movment left. Has happened twice this turn. First time was with multi hero stack and only last hero in fight order had reduced movement. Last time was sorceress moving alone had movement reduced from 4 to 0. Double checked that one after the first one happened to be sure it was going on.
smursh

Re: way is blocked

Postby smursh » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:38 pm

happening again next turn. Sorceress with 2 movments left is not being allowed to move into next space due to way is blocked. Was able to move a non-hero unit into the space however.
smursh

Postby Igor » Sat May 13, 2017 1:00 am

Met this sometimes.
Igor

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:09 pm

In some special circumstances it seems that the movecost for a hero is not agreed upon betweem the client and the server. In those cases the server always wins, meaning you will get this result,

I have not yet been able to replicate the issue with 100% certainty, so if anyone figures out exactly how to replicate it would be very nice to know. Then we might be able to fix the bug.
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:46 am

I suspect (would need to run a test game to confirm) this happens when you plot a move path that calculates X movement to reach the final square.

Then you add/remove unit to the stack that changes the values (lowers or increases them depending on if you remove/add) and you just hit the move button / key without recalculating the path.

KGB

P.S. Did you have any fights during the turn with that stack?
KGB

Postby smursh » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 am

Fights were always where the move got stopped so they would have happened if the move would finish. In this game it was always blocked when I wanted to attack a neutral site or city.Did not happen if attacking one of the other players.

Not sure if it matters but all the neutral sites or cities belonged originally to players who resigned.
smursh

Postby Igor » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:31 pm

SnotlinG wrote:In some special circumstances it seems that the movecost for a hero is not agreed upon betweem the client and the server. In those cases the server always wins, meaning you will get this result,

I have not yet been able to replicate the issue with 100% certainty, so if anyone figures out exactly how to replicate it would be very nice to know. Then we might be able to fix the bug.

May be this one, gameid=76165
Sorceress moved onto the port left from Lacynos city (upper one) at the start of the turn.
Scout on fast ship (move +22) joined Sorceress and changed ship to middle one (move +17). They kept 12 points of movement each. Then both went to point where they are now.
Counter shows that Sorceress has 2 points to move, but she can't make a step to ruin, message that path is blocked.

One thought, they went one step through bridge when scout used 2 points of movement and Sorceress used only one point (because she wasn't on ship but only moved together with ship, and it takes only 1 point for land units to move on bridge). Now scout has 1 point left and Sorceress has 2 but she can't use this to move.
I keep the game without changes now, if this can help to investigate such class of issues.
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (49.75 KiB) Viewed 8436 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (18.65 KiB) Viewed 8436 times
3.JPG
3.JPG (154.56 KiB) Viewed 8436 times
Igor

Postby Igor » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 pm

haha it has changed itself, I set another way for Sorceress to this ruin (by land, together with scout), and number of points left to move has become lesser for Sorceress, 1 instead of 2.
I still keep the game without changes if this can help to understand something.
Igor

Postby Igor » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:11 pm

If nobody of Moderators is interested to investigate I plan to continue the game tomorrow. May be somebody will put another example later in time :)
Igor

Postby Todzo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:34 am

I too recently experienced this bug. It involved two heroes stacked together, both who could walk on water, but one was on a boat, one wasn't. I got the way is block, move the hero on the boat onto a dock, and went back to move the hero not on a boat, and her movement was reduced to zero.
Todzo

Return to Bug reports