Unable to open city window

If you find a bug please report it here

Unable to open city window

Postby Benis » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:10 am

In the ladder game "FJK v PB" on the map Pangea we (team Fejak) have noticed that in the previous turn (turn 10) we were unable to open the city window (the one with options for production, walls, portals etc.) for two of our cities, Beijing and North America. If you open the city window for another city and switch to either city on the little map within the city window all options disappear and the window only shows the image of a medieval town. No idea what the cause is but it seems it could be problematic further on in this game. Hope you can fix it!
Best regards,
Benis and team Fejak
Benis

Re: Unable to open city window

Postby KGB » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:35 pm

This is not bug. Secret Agents from Pork Brothers have infiltrated your city and are preventing it from functioning properly. The only solution is to raze the cities before it spreads to others.

Muahahaha,

KGB and team Pork Brothers

P.S. I have seen this once or twice before. It was related to vectoring into team mates cities. By accident my team vectored more than was legally possible (either 2 from teammates or 4 of your own). I recall fixing it by removing all vectoring to the city that is receiving units. Then you can rebuild the vectors.
KGB

Postby Benis » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:20 pm

Cheers, I just noticed the secret agents have disappeared for now it works as normal again! :D

I have no idea what change was made that fixed it but now it works as it should. I don't think it had anything to do with portal vectors because there weren't that many (two going in, one going out) so the cause too is unknown. :(
Benis

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Hello,
This was fixed by admin :-)
Issue was that the city was somehow set to vector to another city, but had its production stopped. This prevents the standard citywindow from opening since this is a status your city shouldnt be able to have.
It is solved by opening the city-overview window (the list of all cities) and stop the vectoring from that view.
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports