Heroes Drowning

If you find a bug please report it here

Heroes Drowning

Postby Zywus » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:22 am

Not sure if this quaifies as a bug or another case of the Wiki/Warpedia being outdated.

Under 'maritime travel' it says "A hero that looses the mount will drown at the end of your own turn. If the enemy manages to kill the mount of your hero, but not the hero itself, then you have a full turn to provide another mount to the (meanwhile immobile) hero."

The bolded part happened to me recently, i.e I attacked with a stack, all died exept the hero (who did not have waterwalk and were stranded in the water). After my opponents turn, the hero was still there undrowned.

Can heroes drown at all or is a full turn laying in the water needed, regardless of in who's turn the mount is lost?
Zywus

Re: Heroes Drowning

Postby Igor » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:25 pm

I have thought that such hero will be frozen over water many turns untill a ship or water/flying unit helps him to move
Igor

Postby fantastory » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:47 am

Just checked on single player mode and heroes does not drown. Neither on sea nor on the ocean.
I passed about 5 turns.
fantastory

Postby Zywus » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:34 pm

Seems like a case of the warpedia being oitdated then.
Zywus

Postby SnotlinG » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:40 pm

This was a planned function, but unfortunately it was surprising hard to code without hard performance-impact. So a hero will just get stuck at sea...
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports