lost movement points on a dock - BETA3

If you find a bug please report it here

lost movement points on a dock - BETA3

Postby Pretion » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:49 am

I think there is an error when going from ship to port. as you can see in the image, it sometimes takes 14 move points instead of 4. I have seen this going from a ship to a dock and also from a port to a dock.

http://twitpic.com/1xyp77/full

I know it is cut off in the image but i have a minotaur in the boat. the other time i saw this i had a wizard going from a dock to a ship
Pretion

Re: lost movement points on a dock

Postby KGB » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:16 am

Pretion,

I believe this is normal behavior.

The original Warlords 2 game uses up all your movement to transition from water-to-land or land-to-water. So it doesn't matter if you have 14 movement or not. Snotling/Piranha will have to comment to be 100% sure but I doubt they changed that behavior.

KGB
KGB

Postby Pretion2 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:47 am

hey KGB.
when you hover your mouse over a dock it says "move cost 2". Also, as you can see in the image, my unit was left with 2 move points.

I'm not asking them to change anything, just reporting odd behavior. trying to help build a clasic game :D
Pretion2

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:53 am

Hello,
Thanks for all the investigations :-)
The move on the anchor costs 2 points, and then the conversion from land/boat or vice versa costs all move you have left except 2 points.

Not really sure how to describe it better on the onmouse-over, as the anchormove it self costs 2 points. Let me know if you have any suggestions? Or if you think the conversion would work diffrently (its a pain to program though ;-) )
SnotlinG

Postby Pretion » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:03 pm

This is kind of confusing. that might be what it does in the code, but as a player i read it as "moving onto the dock takes 2 points" maybe it should say "move: All but 2 of your remaining point or 2 points, whichever is greater"

Maybe also put a description in the warpedia.
Pretion

Postby Pretion » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:28 pm

BTW, is there any place that has a full set of rules so i don't report any more expected behavior? ;)
Pretion

Postby KGB » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:48 pm

SnotlingG,

The land/boat conversion works as I expected from Warlords 2. DLR (Warlords 3) allowed the game creator to set the land/boat conversion value from 0 (nothing other than the 2 movement) to 20 (if you had >2 and <20 it just used all your remaining moves for the conversion). So that's a possible game setting in the future.

For now, just change the mouse over text on an anchor to say:

Shore: Move 2
Embark/Disembark: All remaining move points above 2

KGB
KGB

Postby Pretion » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:02 pm

KGB,

I like the Embark/Disembark suggestion.

However, if you only have 2 move points, and you Embark/Disembark, you would end up with 0 move points. so 'All remaining move points above 2' isn't always the case.
Pretion

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Noted. Will update the desc to beta3...
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports