attacking from the shore - FIXED

If you find a bug please report it here

attacking from the shore - FIXED

Postby Pretion » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:10 am

it looks like it isn't possible to attack a castle from the shore using a flyer

I tried from several different locations and was only able to attack from the land.

http://twitpic.com/1xzgq2/full

Flyers can go between land and water anywhere unless they are stacked with a non-flyer. If they have a non-flyer they must go via a dock. is that expected behavior? It seems to me that a flyer should be able to cary one non-flyer unit between water and land without using a dock

I noticed one exception, flyers can carry a hero between water and land at any point.
I guess this is the same rule that governs flyers movement over mountains. I created a bug for that too
Pretion

Re: attacking from the shore

Postby Pretion » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:12 am

I guess this makes sense after all. the flyer is just flying above the non-flyer who is in a boat.

so is there a bug with the hero or can flyers only 'carry' heros?
Pretion

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:05 am

Yes, the landunit has converted itself to a boat, so it cannot attack up on land.
A flyer can only carry a hero (over water/mountains etc) but not any other trooptype.

So it is expected behavior :-)
SnotlinG

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:14 am

Btw, if the hero has converted itself to a boat at a anchor, it will then be unable to fly to land on a flyer, and needs to convert back to a landunit at another anchor first
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:50 pm

One thing I am curious about here.

In the original Warlords 2 and in DLR (warlords 3) you could attack coastal cities from boats. Why is that not allowed now?

KGB
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Its purely from programming perspective. It was quite difficult to get the whole land/sea conversion thing to work as I wanted, including pathfinding. So thats why. Maybe I will give it another go later on, after the huge current to-do-list :mrgreen:
SnotlinG

Return to Bug reports