Searching Ruins

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

Searching Ruins

Postby Pillager » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Searching ruins in Warlords I-III was always a shot in the dark. You had no clue as to what was in there until your hero blindly wandered in. And once your Hero met up with something nasty, there was no option except to fight it to the death.

It would be nice if you had a chance to run away after meeting whatever monster was guarding the ruin. When you meet a monster, you could be given the choice to fight or flee. Perhaps a hero could only choose to flee if she had more remaining movement points than the speed of the guardian creature.

If you don't like that idea, there are tons of other ways to give the player some info.... rumors in nearby cities, clues upon entering ruins, giving scouts the ability to scout a ruin....
Pillager

Re: Searching Ruins

Postby Zajoman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:30 pm

By the way, I've been wondering about this for... geez, it's been years, really. Can your hero actually die entering a ruin? It never happened to me in DLR. For me, entering a ruin was getting a reward, for granted.
Zajoman

Postby Moonknight » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Zajoman wrote:By the way, I've been wondering about this for... geez, it's been years, really. Can your hero actually die entering a ruin? It never happened to me in DLR. For me, entering a ruin was getting a reward, for granted.

You can definitely die searching a ruin...and that's the way it should be (of course I never did in single player games b/c you could save the game, search, and if you died you just load the game back).

For big rewards there should be big risks, I'm fine with the Low, Medium, High dangers that are labeled in Beta3.
Moonknight

Postby Zajoman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Yeah, man, I always expected some risk going in there, because why all the fuzz about a big monster lurking in the darkness then, but I simply always won. Always. So in time, I came to thinking that ruins were safe and the hype about monsters was just to add flavor. Well, so I'm gonna be quite picky now when sending my Roxana the Swift into those dungeons.
Zajoman

Postby Pillager » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Right now there is no risk. A ruin is just a cash payout. Eventually there will be guardians for ruins..and your hero will risk death.

I really like the 3 levels of ruins. It gives you some information about the risk level. So you might hesitate before using that level 1 valkyrie with a crow to search a level 3 ruin...unless you are greedy (like me).
Pillager

Postby Zajoman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:28 pm

So wait... I understand now that you can actually die in a DLR ruin. Can you in a Warbarons ruin?
Zajoman

Postby Moonknight » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Zajoman wrote:So wait... I understand now that you can actually die in a DLR ruin. Can you in a Warbarons ruin?

Not yet...sounds like it'll be in Beta4.
Moonknight

Return to Wish list