Colored Ruins in inspect dialog

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

Colored Ruins in inspect dialog

Postby Chazar » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:16 pm

All I wish for Christmas, is...color coded ruins in the minimap of the inspect heroes dialog! :D

I know I wished for that once already, and we already received that searched ruins are now colored bright red.

However, whenever I play a new map, an important thing is to know where ruins of which level are available, as this is a key factor of deciding for my first hero. Therefore, it would be nice if the UNSEARCHED ruins would be color coded: say bright turquoise for level 1, bright yellow for level 2, bright purple for level 3? That would be really helpful!
Chazar

Re: Colored Ruins in inspect dialog

Postby gil » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:00 pm

yes please anything to help me find them ruins it can also be a tool on the map editor where u only c the ruins
gil

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Will take an additional look at this suggestion. I had somehow forgotten about it... :oops:
SnotlinG

Postby gil » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:32 am

i find it impossible to learn new maps without this i hope you find the time to do this

any tool in map editor or in game that allows locating ruins without scrolling grid by grid will be better then now
gil

Postby KGB » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Gil,

In the game itself open the Hero->Inspect, News or History menus.

The mini map that is displayed in those menus shows all ruins on the map as a red (L1), purple (L2) and blue dots (L3). Move your mouse over any dot and you will see the ruin level and whether it is explored or not (unfortunately the searched ruin dots turn red which makes it hard to know if it's a L1 ruin or a searched ruin).

KGB

P.S. SnotlinG, note, there is a bug here in that you can see the search status of ruins in the fog of war as long as you once unfogged that ruin in the past.
KGB

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:43 pm

KGB wrote:Gil,
P.S. SnotlinG, note, there is a bug here in that you can see the search status of ruins in the fog of war as long as you once unfogged that ruin in the past.

Strange!
Let me know when you have this bug in any game and ill take a look.

Thanks!
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:04 pm

OK, take a look in our team game. The one where you are eliminated and your team is going to resign so it doesn't matter if you peek :-)

Open one of those menus and mouse over the L3 ruin on the island that Piranha captured from Magian a turn or two ago. That L3 ruin shows 'explored' status even though it's in the Fog of War. So does a L1 ruin just to the west of Goldfishes capitol.

I guess in some ways it makes sense since the last time one of my team visited the ruin it was explored and any respawn gets listed in the News reports.

KGB
KGB

Postby gil » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:43 pm

thx that's one step forward

can i have that on mini map so i can focus on that?

i think a reverse mini map option where ruins are big and castles are small will be grate to have
gil

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:21 pm

KGB wrote:I guess in some ways it makes sense since the last time one of my team visited the ruin it was explored and any respawn gets listed in the News reports.
KGB

It is working as expected I think.
It shows you the latest status of the ruin as you (or your team) knew it. I.e. if you had seen it Explored before losing vision of it (in the FOW) it will still display as Explored for you.
And as you say, all respawns are public knowledge, so in case a ruin is respawned, your FOW info should be automatically updated to "Unexplored" for this ruin, regardless if you have vision of it or not.
SnotlinG

Return to Wish list