Dwarven Runecaster

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

Dwarven Runecaster

Postby FatsXL » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:35 am

The concept behind this Hero is defensive in nature. In essence he would gain an extra hit for his group as well as unconditional, non negatabale group strength, a small chaos bonus when defending and better returns from the construction ability. He starts with the same strength and hits as a Barbarian but also moves slower and doesn't scale as well on an individual level.

Stats
------

Strength
Base: 30
Maximum: 45
+5 for 5 points

Movement
Base: 13
Maximum: 16
+1 for 5 points

View
Base: 2
Maximum: 5
+1 for 5 points

Hits
Base: 3
Maximum: 3

Specials
----------

Chaos while defending
Base: 0
Maximum: 8
+2 for 10 points

Group Hits
Maximum: 1
+1 for 25 points

Group Strength
Maximum: 5
+1 for 10 points

Abilities
----------

Undead Lore
Base: 10
Maximum: 24
+2 per point

Construction
Starts with 1 free point, gains 15% cost reduction per point compared to the regular 10% per point (i.e. Maxes at 60% cost reduction)

Everything else standard.
FatsXL

Re: Dwarven Runecaster

Postby Moonknight » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:35 pm

How about make this an 'Ogre' and add in hills terrain morale...
Moonknight

Postby KGB » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:43 am

I worry that the group hits bonus would be too good in a city when it was potentially applied to 32 units. It will also be incredibly powerful when it's just applied to a hero stack as even 1 extra hit for a 75 strength Barb might let that Barb kill an extra 10+ units.

I think for Group Hits to be a skill that gets introduced it would have to be limited to only allow 2 hit units to get a 3rd hit. So that any unit with 3+ natural hits wouldn't get any bonus from it. Maybe better to name the skill as '3 Hits' rather than Group Hit and the description could say: Gives all units in the stack at least 3 Hits.

I would also like to see the Group Strength skill be changed to: Attack Bonus and Defend Bonus. We already have those skills now (and they can't be negated as you are looking for) so we don't need another skill to learn. Then the bonus could be +1 for 5 points (equivalent to the +1 for 10 you proposed).

KGB
KGB

Postby Zaque » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:37 am

I agree KGB, way to overpowered defensivly if coupled to mammoths as they already get 4 hit and have that nice warding bonus so you can't even ambush them as easily.
Zaque

Postby gil » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:58 am

if you are adding new heroes please make something that have a chance to defeat a barb

a barb will add 14*3=42 power per lvl
a group hero in an 8 man group will give +2 to 8 man so 2*8*2=32 per lvl

for any hero to replace the barb he will need to have at least +3 per level or a +6 if he's only defencive
gil

Return to Wish list