Display player's crest in Hero Inspection

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

Display player's crest in Hero Inspection

Postby Chazar » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Please display a player's color / coat of arms in the Hero Inspection dialogue.

Being a gold member, I find it very useful to inspect all heroes of my team. However, sometimes I lose track which hero belongs to which one of my team mates. Therefore displaying the hero's owner's color inside the Inspect Hero dialogue would be useful - maybe right between the arrows that scroll the team heroes would be a good place for the little colored shield.
Chazar

Re: Display player's crest in Hero Inspection

Postby Moonknight » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:03 pm

I like this idea...
Moonknight

Postby gil » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Chazar wrote:Please display a player's color / coat of arms in the Hero Inspection dialogue.

Being a gold member, I find it very useful to inspect all heroes of my team. However, sometimes I lose track which hero belongs to which one of my team mates. Therefore displaying the hero's owner's color inside the Inspect Hero dialogue would be useful - maybe right between the arrows that scroll the team heroes would be a good place for the little colored shield.

gil

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 am

Nice idea, will try to bring this into next version that we are currently working on :-)
SnotlinG

Postby Chazar » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:56 am

Cool, thanks! 8-)

...but, you know, this is just a workaround for what I really really want: a quick way to count the heroes of each team partner, in order to know whom to send excess gold to. So improving the Gold Statistics page to a full economics page with a display for actual income and number of heroes owned per team member would be splendid. Maybe for Gold users?
Chazar

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:41 am

Sounds like a good idea. Not sure I understand exactly where you would like to see this?
A 4th page under the Stats popup (only available for teamgames / goldmembers)?
And how to represent it?
Gold
Income/turn
Number of Heroes
Anything else?
SnotlinG

Postby Chazar » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:22 pm

No additional tab, just add two text lines to the existing: Report -> Stats -> gold

Just underneath each Name, add a line for Gold surplus and Heroes. Here, let me show you a picture:
Code: Select all
---------------|gold|-----------------
| [Army] [City] [gold]             
|                                         
|                     XXXXXX 
|  XXXXXX             XXXXXX
|  XXXXXX    XXXXXX   XXXXXX
|  XXXXXX    XXXXXX   XXXXXX
|   Fred      Karl     Sophie
|  Surpl:10  Surpl:2   Surpl:99
|   Hero:3    Hero:1   Hero:6
---------------------------------------

The Ascii Art has not enough room to spell out "Gold Surplus per Turn" or "Heroes", but the actual graphs should have plenty of room for two additional line underneath the picture in the small font that the player's name is already displayed in that space.

Furthermore, instead of the text "Heroes" and "Surplus" your existing tiny icons could be used, which are explained in mouseover - the icon for gold surplus already exists and is used in the mains screen and for heroes either use the one for intelligence, leadership, or the beer tankard, etc
Chazar

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:08 am

Its a generated graph, so I think it will be a bit difficult to add information at the exact place below each name.
I´ll have to think a bit on this :-)
SnotlinG

Postby Chazar » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Well, it does not have to be at the exact place I suggested - I only worried about screen space.

The only thing that truly matters here is that the information is on the same page with the gold owned. If a 4th tab is easier to implement, that simply shows all stats, inlcduing gold owned, in numbers without any neat graphs, then that is perfectly fine with me... ;)
Chazar

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Chazar wrote:Please display a player's color / coat of arms in the Hero Inspection dialogue.

If you refresh all cache files you will notice this is already active in version 1.0 games now :-)
SnotlinG

Return to Wish list