Group Move Bonus stacking

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

Group Move Bonus stacking

Postby Chazar » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:31 pm

TLD: Please allow Heroes'Group Move Bonuses to stack (i.e. add up)!

A Valkyrie, a Ranger and an Assassin walk into a bar at the end of the turn in a newly conquered city...the ranger ask the Valkyrie to take off her boots "War Traveler" and asks the assassin to take off his ring "Agrippas Balanced Ring". She puts both on and goes straight to bed, while the other two scratch their head in wonder. Next morning, right at the dawn of the new turn, she gives both items directly back and all three heroes go on doing their heroic things, enjoying +7 move, until they meet again in the evening and do the same swap thing again...ugh!

No punchline. It is just boring and tedious to always swap the GroupMove items between heroes at the start and end of each turn, in order to get the maximum group move benefits as well as the attacking bonuses. This happens rather often to me, too.

Allowing GroupMove Bonuses from different heroes to stack and add up would destroy this boring and cumbersome task, without changing too much. Sure, the three different boots that yield group move would then stack, but it is probably rather rare to get them all three. A small disadvantage.

Furthermore, it would then make sense to buy GroupMove on other hero types besides Ranger and HorseLords, which I currently never buy. I would consider this a good thing?!

In addition, it could open up the possibility to have items with negative group move modifiers for balancing to take effect.
Chazar

Re: Group Move Bonus stacking

Postby KGB » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:55 pm

I would agree to this ONLY if it also includes additive group move bonus's from units (Mammoth, Green Dragon) as well.

This would make those units and group move items in general much more valuable and open up possibilities of having stacks with more than +35 group movement (7 Mammoths and a Ranger with a Group Move item or 6 Greens, 1 Red and a Ranger for flying fun) which then allows ways to get past blockaded areas of maps (imagining The Waste map with a stack containing Sandworms, a couple of Mammoths and a Ranger going 30 map squares...)

KGB
KGB

Postby gil » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:52 am

giving more power to that one super no brainer hero stack killing everything is hopefully not where this game will go 2

if you ask me that all powerful hero stack should walk real slow items should slow heroes and heroes should not be receiving group move from other heros

having the option for a super unchallenged stack is the biggest fun killer in this game
gil

Postby Chazar » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:51 pm

I agree with gil. Heroes are already too powerful, so that even a stack of 2-turn units does not kill a single foe.

My proposal was designed to remove a tedious technicality only, without affecting the actual game play.
Chazar

Postby KGB » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Chazar wrote:My proposal was designed to remove a tedious technicality only, without affecting the actual game play.

But it would have to apply to all units as I outlined. It would make no sense if Heroes group move was additive but units wasn't. That would be yet another over complex Wiki entry to describe that.

The other alternative is some kind of 'gold membership' feature that lets you save your item setup up at turn start / turn end and auto-configures it for you each turn so you only need 1 button press instead of a lot of drag/dropping/exchanging.

Chazar wrote:I agree with gil. Heroes are already too powerful, so that even a stack of 2-turn units does not kill a single foe.

You might want to look into more Wolfriders.

If you still think hero stacks are getting too powerful then there are 2 potential options:
1) Adjust the min/max bonus range from the current -15 to +30 down to something like -10 to +20.
2) Increase base unit strengths for all units (say add +10 strength to every unit)

#2 especially will dramatically change how much better weaker units are.

KGB
KGB

Return to Wish list