View Range Overlay

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

View Range Overlay

Postby Chazar » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:12 am

Displaying the enemy's view range through an overlay, just as we have now for move ranges, would be a nice Goldmember feature to have.

Of course, just like the enemy move range overlay, it should only display publicly known information. However, most of them are fixed anyway (i.e. if a MoneySite is known to belong to the enemy it's view range can be displayed, otherwise not).

A difference to the move range overlay would be that the entire view range overlay is enabled/disabled at once, e.g. through a click or right-click on that player's shield, as opposed to clicking on each individual stack, as done for the move range overlay.

Again, this just saves me from wasting my turn time on counting squares from known enemy units, nothing else.
Chazar

Re: View Range Overlay

Postby smursh » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:55 pm

After you click on an enemy stack and mouse over the displayed unit it shows view range along with all of the other information like strength and mv points. So, I'm not sure what is missing except for having to first click the stack then mouse over it.
smursh

Re: View Range Overlay

Postby Chazar » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:03 am

@smursh: yes, but I want the view range to be visualized for more comfort, as is already done for move range

After you click on an enemy stack and mouse over a unit, you see its move & view range displayed.
Moreover, for Gold Members there is a little tick box underneath that visualizes the move range by a red overlay on the map. That is much more comfortable than counting squares! 8-) I want the same for the view ranges, since my enemies complain that my turn take so long, which is due to me still counting too many squares. :lol:
Chazar

Return to Wish list