limit to consecutive aways

Do you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, post them here and we will them out.

limit to consecutive aways

Postby smursh » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:20 pm

I'd really like to see a limit to how many aways can be taken consecutively. Players shouldn't be able to use 30 aways to delay games at seasons end in order to push losses to next season. 10 consecutive aways should really be sufficient in most cases for emergency or lack of internet connections.
smursh

Re: limit to consecutive aways

Postby Zywus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:04 pm

Sounds like a good idea I think.

I'd also like if games started with 0 aways rather than 20.

It's one thing to have a long epic match and then someone needs to take some days off. But if you need to be away for a week, just a few turns into a match, you should probably not joined that match to begin with.
Zywus

Postby Igor » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Should to say that topic starter himself uses all aways to the end, oftenly.
Igor

Postby smursh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:20 am

not true. only vs players who do it to me. I do vs. you since you did to me. If you don't like it you should not be doing this to other players as we will give it back to you.
smursh

Postby Igor » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm not touched too much by delays from somebody.
But if somebody set himself so principal that he voted against delays, in princip, then he shouldn't use this method himself, no one time. Othewise he looks like pretended one.

P.S. Should say about person who at my look uses this method more than all others joined together. I mean razu. Very interesting player but anybody who plays with him should be ready that he will uses all delays almost in all games.
Supposing this I was first of all who voted agains such method. But this brings money to the game owners, that can help our game to exist.
Thus I stopped objection. And wishing this to all others who continue to noise.
Igor

Postby Benis » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:38 pm

In what ways does it matter whether Smursh makes use of aways in that particular way or not? Is he forced to limit himself and not make use of the game's entire set of options if he thinks the game needs changes? Don't hate the player, hate the game and all that.

I too would really like the possibility to set starting aways when the game is created, maybe in lumps of 5 (so 0, 5, 10 etc), then it can be discussed beforehand and everyone is aware that if the limit is at 20 some players will make use of that. I don't see a problem in limiting the number of aways in a row either but I much more prefer the ability to limit the amount from the start. Not sure if it is a great source of revenue for the game that people so often use the aways as a form of spite or 'technical' play but it is really not that helpful for making the game enjoyable, it also has a bit of pay-to-win sense to it which I find annoying. The amount of revenue may counter the drawbacks for the creators but it feels like a poor way to make the product generate more income.
Benis

Postby Igor » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:47 pm

If somebody agitates others for stop eating meat and accuses all others who does this, this person should firstly stop eating meat himself
Igor

Postby Benis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:28 am

Igor wrote:If somebody agitates others for stop eating meat and accuses all others who does this, this person should firstly stop eating meat himself

You are comparing it to a moral conviction, this is a question of game design. To make use of functions within a game doesn't mean that you are a hypocrite to then criticise them, as long as they exist within a game they are fair to use but if you think that they shouldn't exist or be changed surely there is nothing wrong with expressing that opinion even if you make use of them? Perhaps that is how you know that the function in question is unwanted/broken. This is quite off-topic though, I just found the ad hominem attacks confusing and unhelpful for the topic at hand.
Benis

Postby Igor » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:38 am

If somebody votes for not to do something, but does it himself, he then shouldn't blame others who are doing that.
I can't repeat this in each post ;)
Igor

Postby Benis » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Not to get too bogged down, but he isn't blaming others for doing it, he simply states that he would like to see a change to the current system concerning aways. When you confront him he only stated that he does it in a retaliatory fashion, still no names, blaming or high horses.

Out of curiosity, you seem to be referring to a vote of some sort. Was this long ago and is it possible to see it and/or the thread that spawned it?
Benis

Next

Return to Wish list